How to tell parents...

emzandy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
HI i was 16 with my 1st pg i dint know how to tell my mum i was so scared, in the end i didnt need to tell her she guessed she didnt support me vry well unfortunatly (we was going through as vry rough patch as a family at the time really dont blame her for taking it badly) i ended up losing the baby was vry young though and sooooo not ready the nxt time i was 17 again my mum guessed she just seems to know these things again i had a miscarrige The last 3 times i was living with my ex so she didnt guess i had to tell her the first to times i told her over the phone was so scared after her reaction last time but she was so excited to become a grandma unfortuantly lost them 2 babies as well, But this last time i waited till i was 12 weeks to tell my family i just showed them my scan photos my mum has been so great and supportive helped me buy alsorts for baby, dont be scared by there reaction as u can see from my story there views can change all the time.
My grandparents on the other hand was so excited everytime, picking names out and alsorts was suprised by there reaction but made me more excited
Good luck telling ur family trust me they will be fine xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
If I had got pregnant 6 months ago it probably would have been v easy to tell my parents as I'd been with my partner 5 years and owned a house together (we're 22). We then split up and had only just started seeing each other again when I found out I was pregnant. I conceived three weeks ago and I'm living with my step mum at the moment so I just went for a walk with her and pretty gingerly told her I'm pregnant. I'd worked myself up to it after a week of missed period and positive test the day before. Had a great chat and will tell my dad once he's back from holiday and telling my OHs parents this weekend. Feeling really positive and will probably move back in with my OH once my first trimester is over. Hopefully all the family will take the news well!! Both sets of our parents were early starters!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
i was pregnant with louise wen i was 18 and told my mum straight away and she was very supportive.

RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
So all the family know now. My dad is very worried and I think is ignoring it as much as possible which is a shame because I'm very excited and myself and my OH are in a good position right now. He said he'll give me whatever support I need but I really need him to be happy. My OHs parents were over the moon which helps a lot they guessed straight away when we said we had news. Well his mum didn't even wait for us to say anything she could just tell, amazing!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
kirstyntl wrote:
So all the family know now. My dad is very worried and I think is ignoring it as much as possible which is a shame because I'm very excited and myself and my OH are in a good position right now. He said he'll give me whatever support I need but I really need him to be happy. My OHs parents were over the moon which helps a lot they guessed straight away when we said we had news. Well his mum didn't even wait for us to say anything she could just tell, amazing!

glad everythings going well, probs just been a shock for ur dad im sure he will just need a bit of time then he will be ok.

NsOx
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
My dad still ignore the situation! its just there way of dealing with iti guess.
just try involve him alot more =]
x

RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
NsOx - my dad finally started to be happy once he realised how excited I was. I guess the happiness is kinda infectious! Just tell him all the cute little facts like what stage the baby is at and your name plans and speculate about whose features he or she will have. My dad loved hearing that my baby is Jelly Baby sized this week.
mecanic
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:47 pm 
Post subject: hii
im 17 and 7 weeks gone already iv tried telling me mum 4 times and i keep bottlein it im scared she will flip and kick me out i am not withthe dad but my boi friend is ther for and and is wanting to be the dad in the babys eye
RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
Have you told any other family yet? Maybe they could be with you when you tell her, or take your boyfriend along. Why do you think she'd kick you out? Just make sure she know's you're happy and have a plan, maybe she'll be excited about being a granny Smile

Good luck.
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
i was 17 when i had my first boy and i just sorta come out with it and but it wasnt all that bad i dont live with my dad so it was easy to tell him (over text) and as my eldist sister was pregnant aswell it was rather easy braking the news to my mum and she wasnt bothered so that was good for me realy and braking the news to the rest of my family just love the thaught of babys so i got it rather easy. lol
stace xx
Laurbb
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
although its the most scariest thing i have ever had to do.. i just told them straight, asked them to come into another room to chat.. and just came out with it.. depending on your parents views etc.. they may be shocked/upset or whatever, but they will come round! at the end of the day its your lift not theirs.. so dont worry and just be brave xxx

KNEE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't tell my parents at first they found out when I was two months. I was bent over the toilet and the cleaner came in. Both my parents started screaming and I was kicked out, well actually I left. I wish I'd been straight with them from the beginning, I always think of what it could have been like, better or worse. Just be straight with them and try not to keep the secret too long because it starts getting hard when you start being sick and having horrible cramps or even start showing. Good luck. Nic xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular