Feeling a little funny today

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 am 
Post subject: Feeling a little funny today

I'm feeling a little bit strange today - can't stop thinking about how my OH and I were meant to have got married last friday (8th) we had the church booked for 3pm and had so many ideas and dreams about it.
We should be newlyweds and be living together - not still living apart and waiting for the council to give us a house!
I guess I'm feeling a little resentful or just sad that things haven't worked out as we'd planned.
I wish things had gone that way.
Sorry jst wanted to get tht off my chest - x

Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Aww hun I know how you feel we were meant to be getting married next year but then Kieran came along and there is no way I can plan my wedding for May now, so it is going to have be put on hold. Wouldnt swap him for the world now he is here but I often got upset when I was pregnant as some of my friends got married.

Just keep your chin up and keep telling yourself that everything happens for a reason and that it will be ok in the end. Keep on at the council for a house as thats what we did. It took us six months of meetings and making a report of all the empty houses in the area and why the council were not putting people in them. I even got the local MP involved and she helped us alot but never give up hun.

NicolaOasis
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Aw Kat, it's only natural to feel sad when things don't work out as planned ! You were going to get married on my husbands birthday.

As long as you still have each other and the baby is healthy, im sure everything will work out xx
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear it did not work out the way you planned, but I am sure it will sort itself out soon enough.

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Ladies
Yeah I know I should be looking at the bright side in that we'll have a son in just over 7 weeks and that we still got each other -
I know this sounds selfish but I still want 'our' day.
We've got homeless priority with the council so one would think that'd be quite quick but apparently can still take 4 months!
I like the idea of making a list of all the empty houses in the area to question why they arent being let - there are a few I've seen that would be perfect for us but are boarded up and have been for yonks now.
Who did you initially speak to Kimmy?
xx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:26 am 
Post subject:
Kat, you don't sound selfish at all xx
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Definately not selfish. A wedding is a really speciail day and you are bound to feel upset that it did not happen.

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Aww hun. I kind of know how u feel. come september i have nowhere to live and it looks like and OH have togo to seperate places. I dont want to be apart from him during my preg. But we are als waiting on the council, who have blatantly told me im not entitled to anything until babys here.

Cheer up hunnie, your day will come and it will be better than ever!!x
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
At first I spoke to a normal Housing Officer and asked why those houses hadnt been let as they had stood for over two months boarded up. I was told that they had been let out and that the tenants would be moving in.

When the tenants didnt move in after about three week I got back onto them and it was at this time I started taking pictures of the empty houses and dating the photos. There was alot of vandalism and fly tipping happening in the gardens so I took pictures of that too. Write everything down from who you speak to and what time date and location etc and build a report that way.

When I still didnt get any further I approached our local MP who was lovley and she set up meetings with the Director of housing and she came to these meetings with me for support. In the end I told them that I was going to issue the report to the loca newspaper and within two weeks I was offered a house, the one I am on now.

The council said it was beacuse the priority people had turned the house down but the local MP thinks we were given the house to stop us going to the press. Dont back down keep fighting.

Good luck hun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular