Just thought i would say hi!

laurenm
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:29 pm 
Post subject: Just thought i would say hi!
Hi Ladies Very Happy

I gave birth to prem twin boys on the 16th of march Oliver and James weighing 2.9lb and 3lb they were 27 weeks and 6 days.

Both babies are doing well, James is now of his Cpap and in the Green area and Oliver is in the blue area managing 2 hrs off 4 on. And their both toleratiing their feeds well. Very Happy just wish they werent seperated.

Its been a hard 2 weeks but im starting to come to terms with the babies coming so early and hoping i can manage what the next few weeks will bring.

Love Lauren xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lauren, Congratulations on your twins Smile Im so glad that they're doing so well .

My little girl was born 27th November 2008 and she was only 2lb 15oz so round about the same sz as your gorgeous boys. She was born at 34 weeks, she had to be delivered because my placenta was failing, thats why she was so teeny for 34 weeks.

You'll cope absolutely fine in the next few weeks, i think the first 2 weeks is the hardest. I used to worry how i would cope with her when she got home because she was only 4lb 3oz when she was allowed home. But, after changing nappies in an incubator, sitting up in the SBCU all day, anything else was a piece of cake..... i promise !!!

The boys will surprise at how well they grow, my Aimee is 16 months now and she's 25lb with a wee pot belly and fat legs Smile

Let us know how you get on xx
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:16 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lauren, have been looking out for ur posts since u announced they were born early. Glad to hear they are both doing really well, i cant imagine how small they must be but they will soon fill out. Very Happy

Hope ur coping ok, can only get better from now on and concentrate on getting them home, have u any idea how long they will have to be in hospital for?
Lucy xx
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Nicola for your kind words - ano its so scary i was scared to even pick their heads up to even clean their faces when they were first born but im getting the hang of it now lol

they have just been put on a formula called low birth weight as im not producing enough milk to go between them, but their still getting what i have inbetween. Did Aimee go on this formula?? its ment to really build them up. How long did Aimee spend in hospital??

I am starting to manage i just find my self breaking my heart when i leave them and im so tired spending around 8 hours a day at hospital and then coming home to my little girl.

Oliver came off his Cpap today so he is catching up to james Very Happy

Lucy- Thanks Hunny for the lovely comments, im hoping to have them home in the next 4-5 weeks Very Happy How you doing you getting excited???? xxx
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
hey am fine at the minute, just hoping can last another 2weeks at work then the babies can come when they want, am hoping i dont have to go to 38wks although i know that is best for them, getting very uncomfortable now!

Shouldnt complain really after what u are going through, the next 4-5 weeks will fly past and imagine the day u can bring them home! They are obviously little fighters, how much do they weigh now?
Lucy x
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
laurenm wrote:
Thanks Nicola for your kind words - ano its so scary i was scared to even pick their heads up to even clean their faces when they were first born but im getting the hang of it now lol

they have just been put on a formula called low birth weight as im not producing enough milk to go between them, but their still getting what i have inbetween. Did Aimee go on this formula?? its ment to really build them up. How long did Aimee spend in hospital??

I am starting to manage i just find my self breaking my heart when i leave them and im so tired spending around 8 hours a day at hospital and then coming home to my little girl.

Oliver came off his Cpap today so he is catching up to james Very Happy

Lucy- Thanks Hunny for the lovely comments, im hoping to have them home in the next 4-5 weeks Very Happy How you doing you getting excited???? xxx

Ah thats good news about Oliver catching up !

Aimee was in hospital for 22 days, we were really lucky with her as she didnt need any help breathing at all, she was just tiny. She basically just had to grow. She was 4lb when she came home.

I was terrified to touch Aimee too, i was terrified when i had to tube feed her for the first time, i was shaking so much. Aimee was onn pre - aptimal which was to build her weight up.

Its hard sitting up the baby care unit all day isnt it ? I mean obviously you wouldnt NOT do it but it takes alot out of you. I used to go in every day at 9am until 5pm then home for an hour and back up most nights for another 2 hours, we were lucky as we only stay 5 min drive from the hospital.

Give my love to Oliver and James xx
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
So pleased to hear they are doing so well Very Happy
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats on the birth hun, I didn't know you had your boys! My two boys are only out of neo-natal 2 and 3 weeks after being born at 31 weeks weighing 3lb 4 and 3lb 7 so I know how you will be feeling at the moment. Its great that your LO's are only on CPAP considering they were so early! I hope you have them both off of it very soon. In these places I learned you definitely need to take things a day at a time. The day Liam and Craig were born the doctors told me that there would be ups and downs during our time there and its very true.
While they are in there it will probably feel like a lifetime, I know it did for me but once they are both home, it will feel like it almost never happened in a weird way.

Have you been feeding and doing your LO's cares?

Hope your wee boys continue to get better, bigger and stronger and that you have them home soon! x

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Nicola - was your little girl in Wishaw Neo-natal?

NicolaOasis
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah she was, are you local then ?

xx
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
NicolaOasis wrote:
Yeah she was, are you local then ?

xx

Yeah thats where my two were as well. I'm in Bellshill x

lucyat
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 pm 
Post subject:
hi jenna, how are ur 2 boys doing?? any sign of them coming home yet?
Hope all is well
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
lucyat wrote:
hi jenna, how are ur 2 boys doing?? any sign of them coming home yet?
Hope all is well

Hi, they're already home! lol Craig got home 4 weeks ago and Liam got home just over 3 weeks ago. They're doing absolutely amazing and are getting so big now! Craig weighs 6lb 14.5 and Liam weighs 6lb 12 and they are gaining weight like you wouldn't believe lol

lucyat
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:36 am 
Post subject:
oh wow thats brilliant news, they have done so so well after their rocky start Smile am really pleased for u all!!
xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 am 
Post subject:
congratulations on ur boys glad there both doin well.

georgia was born at 35+3 and weighed 5lbs 9oz but wet down to 4lbs 14oz after few days.

she was prescribed special formula dunno wethers its same as wot ur boys hav been given its called infatrini. its a high calorie formula and shes piled the weight on. shes nw 13lbs. and is puttin on around 7oz a week. shes one frm bein under 0.4th centile to 9th centile. at the dietician this week and hopefully she will go on normal formula soon.

wot formula r ur boys on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular