My twin girls arrived early!!

lucyat
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 am 
Post subject: My twin girls arrived early!!
Hi my twin girls decided time was time on April12th and decided to make an appearance. Amelia Mary 4lbs 5ozs abd Olivia Anne 4lbs 13ozs. Both girls are doing well just a case of getting their weights up a bit and getting feeding established. Olivia had to have CPAP for 24 hours but now both are doing fine Smile They both had to have some phototherapy for jaundice but thats normal i guess in prem babies.
Cnat wait to get them home and start life with them both, I honestly never thought they would come that early as everythinh had been running so smoothly until pre eclampsia decided to rear its ugly head !!

Hope everyone else is well, be nice to hear how u are getting on with ur little cherubs
Lucy xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 am 
Post subject:
O WOW congratulations Smile i hope u get them both home soon... good weights as well Smile i really want to make 36 weeks and 6 days lol as thats the 1st sept and the twins will be in differnt school yr to oliver but i have a feeling im going to have mine about 34/35 weeks just have this feeling !! hope u finding everything ok xxx
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Aww congratulations! Your little girls will be home with you in no time Smile Are they in cots?

Seems like all the AB twins like to arrive early lol x

AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations hope you have them home soon sounds like they doing well x x
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:45 am 
Post subject:
Jenna, yeah they both in cots now, Olivia stioll in hot cot trying to get her to maintain temp but Amelia in normal cot now Very Happy They certainly do like to arrive early, stressful times for us but they seem to be more than happy!! Howe long was it b4 u got ur boys home again?? Know one of ur boys had a rough start with infection??

Tillyfloss, hope all is going well with u too, i was hoping to make it to 35 weeks but i guess when they are ready they are ready!! Pre eclampsia didnt help in my case like!! Hope things go smoothly, i practically breezed my pregnancy so was totally unexpected. Although now the bump has reduced i dont know how how much bigger i could have got!!!!

Lucyxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 am 
Post subject:
congratulations hope they r doin well and u aswell.

they were both gd weights!

yes jaundice is common in prem babies. georgia had the photopherapy.

yep us mums to prem babies missed out on getting so big in pregnancy.

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:36 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your girls! They have beautiful names and really good weights. Hope you get them home with you soon. xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
lucyat wrote:
Jenna, yeah they both in cots now, Olivia stioll in hot cot trying to get her to maintain temp but Amelia in normal cot now Very Happy They certainly do like to arrive early, stressful times for us but they seem to be more than happy!! Howe long was it b4 u got ur boys home again?? Know one of ur boys had a rough start with infection??

Tillyfloss, hope all is going well with u too, i was hoping to make it to 35 weeks but i guess when they are ready they are ready!! Pre eclampsia didnt help in my case like!! Hope things go smoothly, i practically breezed my pregnancy so was totally unexpected. Although now the bump has reduced i dont know how how much bigger i could have got!!!!

Lucyxx

Aww Liam was in one of those up til 2 days before he got out lol

Craig got out after about 4 weeks and Liam got out 6 days after him. so they were only in about half the time they were expected to.

topspom
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
Congratuations on your early arrivals! So pleased to hear that they are both ok and you as well. Did you have a CS or did you have them naturally?
Hope you get them home really soon. xxxx
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your girls, im sure they will be home in no time at all xx
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:49 am 
Post subject:
I had the works TOPSOM!!! Amelia was natural with forceps so she was really badly bruised and Olivia was C Section but had to be put to sleep co was emergency! I had pre eclampsia and doctors ddint want me pushing too long. Never been a patient in my life b4 then i have the works!!

All is good now tho, just het my girls home ASAP Very Happy
Lucy x
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby girls - good weights as well. Glad to hear that they are doing well and I', sure that they will be home in no time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular