hi anyone having problems with parnters

CHELLE9
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:29 pm 
Post subject: hi anyone having problems with parnters
hi there i am 20 weeks pregnant and my partner seems to be interested in the baby one minute and silent the next or it is just me reading into things wrong cause of hormones? i have asked him if he is interested in the baby and he has tried to reassure me that he is. confused......? we are more snappy with each other whereas before we where cool with each other. anyboby else having same problem?
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Chelle, my hubby was like this at first and even though i'd bought him a book which was very short for dads, it took him ages to read it as if it were a chore. I used to get mad at him about it had and we had tonnes of arguments but he's much better now since we had the 20 week scan. He used to be awful and not interested at all until 'the bump' arrived. Since then he brings home outfits from tesco when he's gone to get beer, buys play gym, cuddly toys and reads stories to the baby. Some days he really isn't interested at all and i try to remind myself that maybe he doesn't actually want to know about the stretch marks that are starting to appear on my tum or how i need to pull myself up a different way to stop my abs separating!!! It was the same with our wedding - i think some stuff is just for us ladies to talk about!! xxxx
CHELLE9
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for the info i am glad i aint the only one but what you say makes sense.
Chutzpah
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
At the start of the pregnancy it all seems a bit unreal. You have to remember that you're the person that is having all the changes and feeling all the 'symptoms' of being pregnant. To the man, there are no obvious indicators that you are pregnant.

You have the fantastic feeling of hearing that you're partner is pregnant and then four weeks later nothing seems to have changed.

And people seem to forget that a bloke will also have lots to think about. A lot of the time people seem to think that if a guy is trying to come to terms with the fact that he's going to have full responsibility for another human being he is 'heartless' (couple this with what I mentioned about not being able to feel the symptoms.
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

My hubby went through stages like this throughout my pregnancy. We ended up having a big talk when I got upset about it, hormones are great aren't they? It turned out he was just nervous about becoming a daddy and was doing a lot of thinking about it, just wasn't very vocal or active about things! It's frustrating, but give him time and I'm sure he will come round and get more excited and interactive as time goes on. I'm 28 weeks now, and there's no stopping my hubby, we decorated the nursery last weekend, and he was just as excited as I was. He's still not interested in certain things, e.g. stretch marks, though!

Good luck.

LD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular