nursery.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:24 pm 
Post subject: nursery.
my daughter was at nursery today. and she is starting to move up form the baby group to wat they call the tweenie group. they usually move up wen there 2 but shes going in there sum days to get used to it. so went to pick her up today and went into babies and one of the nursery nurses stopped me and sed shes upstairs one minute (she was hoovering the passage) she tuk me up stairs where i expected she wud be playing with the other kids and she wa sin the sleep room asleep by herself, just on ready bed not in cot!!!!!

i was bit shocked so didnt say anything there is stair gate so she cant get downatairs but wot if she had tried to or woke up and got scared or hurt herself up there. i no they probably hadnt left her for long but its not the point.

i felt really let down coz have never had any problems with the nursery and she loves it so much.

but think i will say something to manager tomorrow.

what do u think?

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Deffinatly say something. I used to work in a nursery and we were never aloud to leave the children, asleep or awake, on their own. Like you said what if she had woken up or even of rolled off of the bed, i know that they are not high but it still would of hurt her!

I am really shocked that she was in a room all on her own.
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
yer i am realy shocked this is the first time something like this has happened and i hope it is the last.

the manager wasnt there wen i picked her up since think the girl who left her thort i will leave her upstairs and get hoovering done now so i can finish early!!

mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
hi,

my lil boy goes to nursery at the moment. when theyre in baby they do leave them in cots when theyre in the next room and have monitors. toddler group and pre-school they have matresses and theres normally a group of them that will be asleep at the same time and i think someone sits in there with them. it dont sound right that your daughter gets left upstairs on her own, do they not even have monitors so they could here if she woke up? i would say something

lisa x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
not they dont have monitors and if she did wake up they wudnt of heard her anyway coz lady was hoovering.

glad i went and collected her wen i did really cud have been an accident waiting to happen.

wen i drop her off tomorrow i am going to ahve a word with the manager she is a lovely lady and think she will be quite annoyed at wot happened.

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
I fell out of bed when i was eight and broke my arm just because of the way i landed on it. I'd definitely say something Laura, i wouldn't be happy with that at all x

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
im not very well today think i have flu, ive ost my voice feel all achey and hav bed hed etc.

so i cudnt be bothered going into the nursery to drop louise off so her dad did it instead but i still wanted to speak to them so phone sonia the manager this morning and just sed 'wen i picked louise up last nite she had been left asleep upstairs. ashley was doin thsi hoovering downstairs and sed oh shes up stairs one minute and i was expecting her to be with the other kids upstairs but she was byherself asleep! didnt say anything coz was bit shocked'

she asked wot time i picked her up and sed this is totall not on ashely shud not have left her upstairs and all the nursery staff no that children should not be left unattended under any circumstances she was quite shocked that it had happened and rather annoyed she asured me it wudnt happen again and she would hav a word wth all her staff and thanked me for letting her no, as this issue obviously needs addressing.

sort of felt guilty as i may have got ashley in trouble but at the end of the day if it was her son or daughter ims ure she woudl not be happy either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular