whers the best place to go in grecce?

jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 pm 
Post subject: whers the best place to go in grecce?
hey every one,

at the end of august begining of september 2010 im going to be going on holiday its only me n my oh and my oh friend and his gf going so no kids!! lol ne ways we all wanna go grecce but where is the best place to go? we have bin zante bk in 2006 but i thought id like to go to diffrent part i was thinking rhodes, or crete, but ld just like to no if ne ones bin to any of these place and what they give it out of 10, and if ne ones bin sumwhere in grecce thats really nice, i dont get to go on hoilday much n like to go sumwhere thats nice n not end up hating my holiday the reason i ask is cus im booking it online and normally ld book it in a travel agents and they normal say thats nice or thats not gonna be that good ect... thanks you xxxxxxxxxxx

jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
take it no ones bin then Laughing o well ill just look on google then xxxx

mum2JJnMnA
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:57 am 
Post subject:
I got married in Rhodes in 2004, it was really nice, we hired a car and visited the whole island, we did spend one night in Falaraki (?) The island is quite small but if your willing to hire a car the you could go anywhere in rhodes. The beaches are clean and the weather was fantastic (we went in the June) its cheap and the restaurants were all good, we ate out every night!
jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
is there much nite life in rhodes ? i also wanna go partying, as i never go out normally xxx

yorkie101
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Jade
I've been to Crete, Rhodes & corfu but if your looking for a lively night life you will probably need to go to Kos or corfu they have the best night lifes.

Rhodes is a very small island not much to do at night i found it quite boring at night but it's alright in the day loads to see & do.

I loved my holiday to Crete that was the best holiday i've had so far it's such a lovely place to go on holiday there's so much to do, I was never bored, 2 weeks was not enough time to see all i wanted to, so i'll defo be going back some time soon...! The night life is ok but you'll prob have to go into the city for the clubs but thats not really a prob cos there's always buses.
Hope this helps you to decide.
Cas xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hun

i have done most of the greek islands and really depends what you want. I got married in Rhodes too, in Lindos and i have to say i think Lindos has plenty of nightlife as well as lots of culture. Its a very beautiful place with lots of bars and rooftop restaurants.....lots of romantic restaurants - could give you the heads up on quite a few.

The more lively resorts tend to be compromised by being dirtier, sick in the streets etc.....ie such as malia, faliraki, laganas, kardemena, kavos.

I personally would go for resorts such as Argassi or kalamaki in zante, Stalis or hersonissos in crete, Lindos in Rhodes or kos town. These are alittle quieter but still unspolt xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
It depends on what you want to do when there, we recently went to Skiathos which was beautiful and no matter which part of the island you are on you can get a regular bus to the main town, which has some bars and little shops, but is not full of groups of young teens.
I have been to most of the greek islands and they all offer something - do your research and you can't go wrong.
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:39 am 
Post subject:
thank you

sparky, i have bin to kalamaki best holiday we have bin on lovely place, i was thinking of stalis, but im gonna do lots of research on this, thanks for all your replays Very Happy xxx

charlotteandevie
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Go to Kardemena in Kos! Its got really good nightlife, a few clubs if you want them but also you can have more relaxed nights as well and its absolutely beautiful! The beaches are so lovely. I've been to Kavos in Corfu aswell which had really busy nightlife but the beaches aren't that nice and it was a bit smelly!
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
i went to Faliraki Greece in 2007.

it was advertised as the cheap Ibiza at the time, and the nightlife was just amazing, i needed a holiday after my holiday! Confused lol! it was the first holiday i'd been on without my mam watching over me! hee hee! so went a bit wild! Very Happy

did alot of partying, ALOT of partying. love looking back on the snaps, it was a great holiday!

xx

fuzzyferret
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 am 
Post subject:
Kardamena in Kos is great for partying, me & dh went few years back & loved it. Plenty of bars & clubs but also nice restaurants for those quiet nights when you just want to chill. Our favourite bar was Chilli Peppers, went there every night, great music & staff. Stalis in Crete year before last was also really good, quite small but plenty of little bars for the party people. We only went there for a week for our 1st wedding anniversary and as we were TTC at the time it was meant to be a quiet week. But we found the lively bars & became regulars for the week. Wink

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:11 am 
Post subject:
we went to corfu its great lots to do there.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular