Raspberry leave tablets

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:50 pm 
Post subject: Raspberry leave tablets
Hi everyone! is there anyone out there who can give me some advise on Raspberry leave tablets. Ive heard so many stories i just dont know what to believe!!! Rolling Eyes I have been told by a number of people not to take them till at least 36 weeks as it can induce labour but on speaking to the herbalist in holland and barratts today she says 9 weeks before, i was also reading in a book the other day that its ok to take from 32 weeks. Has anyone out there took them before or are taking them who can give me a bit more acurate advise? Thanks Smile
donna26
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
hi,
I was in holland and barrett today also and the lady told me the same thing,
but i personally have waited untill 36 weeks, i bought them today to start tommorrow as il be 36 weeks tommorrow. Very Happy
I phoned the doctor aswell because it says to check with gp first before taking them, so if your unsure maybe thats what you shoiuld do also,
How many weeks are you Question
Hope you get the answers you are looking for Wink
carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply. I am 32 +4 days! Smile my health visitor came to see me yesterday and i asked her about them also. she just telled me that its ok from 32 weeks as they take a couple of weeks to get in your system. she telled me that many people say 36 weeks as by the time it gets into your system you are classed as full term (37 to 42 weeks) just to cover themselves really. So i think im going to start taking them at the end of week after i have also seen my midwife tomorrow. Hope all goes well for you!! x x
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:34 pm 
Post subject:
raspberry leaf is supposed to strengthen the uterine wall during pregnancy,and reduce the pain of labour although i am very sceptical about this as i took it from 34 weeks. went over sue by 7 days, was in labour for 37 hors and had most definitly felt pain to the max!!!
research has provent that it reduces the time that a woman spends in the 2nd stage of labour though.

charl xxx Razz
carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Cheers for your reply. i have heard so many different things about these i just dont know were to start . Laughing Its nice to hear from someone who has took them and can give there opinion on them. I hope all that pain was worth it in the end tho!! im sure it was. Caz xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular