10 Week Scan - Amazing! EDD 26/10/08!

GGmommy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject: 10 Week Scan - Amazing! EDD 26/10/08!
Just felt the need to tell everyone that i have just ha my 10 week scan and seen my little one for the first time! It is only about 3cm long but you can see it's little legs and arms and its little heart beating.....so cute!
Was very worried earlier as i had some bad pains in my one side and the hospital were worried about an ectopic pregnancy, but thank goodness it is all in the right place and looking good. Even woke up and gave me a little wiggle!
Just the scary NT scan to get through in a fortnight now!

Given me the EDD of 26th October, be great to hear from anyone else due then with a first timer!

Very Happy
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:53 am 
Post subject:
congrats hun enjoy your pregnancy xxx
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
Arr. congratulations xxx

flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there very very happy for you its a wonderful experience. I had my Nuchal Fold scan last week and as I am a 40 year old mum my odds were high risk but after scan went right down to low risk - just waiting for blood test results now. Good luck with yours any questions about it feel free to ask.

Take care, Flossie xx

CherylJane
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't realise there was a 10 week scan! It must have been so exciting for you! I'm 7 weeks. I went to the GP today armed with my 4 positive test results. He didn't even give me a due date, but I have calculated it anyway. He didn't mention scans either. I've been having cramps for a while now and a bad pain yesterday after overdoing it (on the right hand side. ectopic?). Anyway, he didn't seem that bothered.. as I was so worried about that, I forgot to ask my other questions!

I'm 33, first time pregnant, do you think I will need the nuchal fold test, and what is it exactly?

CJ xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Well it all depends on where you live where I am in Lincolnshire you are offered a scan at 12 weeks and 20 weeks, some areas do the Nuchal Fold at the 12 week scan some dont it might be a good idea to ask sooner rather than later as this scan has to be performed between about 10 and 12 weeks. In Lincolnshire Nuchal is not offered and as I am over 35 paid privately it scans for a nasal bone and measures fluid on back of babys neck (these can be an indicator of Down Syndrome) type it in to Google for more info as its quite complex!! but hope I have explained the basics. Try not to worry too much about pain I have had quite bad abdominal cramps since I conceived and am still suffering now, they are quite common and docs and midwives put it down to uterus growing. Hope that has helped a bit.

Take care, Flossie xx

CherylJane
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
That has helped me a lot Flossie, thank-you very much. Thank goodness for this site..

x
GGmommy
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Congrats Flossie! Hope the bloods come back ok - have my NT scan in a week and a half. Really nervous! Just hoping that it comes back ok as now i have seen the little one cant bear to think of not having it if there is something wrong - must be a heart wrenching decision to have to make if it comes to it
Hope all goes well with your bloods, let me know! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular