my grandad

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 am 
Post subject: my grandad
its over a year now that we lost my gdad to cancer.

he got the all clear after having throat cancer but a year later got diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and nothing cud be done about it we were told he only had months to live.

my gdad wanted to take us all on holiday so i arranged for us all to go on a cruise like he wanted to.

days before we were due to go he was very ill in hospital and we really thort he wudnt be able to go but he was determined and we got him there.

sadly we didnt bring him home and he died on the ship.

he got up one morning to go to the toilet my nana offered to help him but the stubborn bugger sed no and fall. my mam and step dad helped him up he went to the toilet then they sat him in his wheelchair and my mam sed he drifted off peacefully.

my sister tried waking me wen i finally answered my door she was upset and sed i think gdads gone. i went straight to his room and he looked so peaceful but i touched him and knew he was gone. everyone was pretty upset so i checked for a pulse and there wasnt one.

we all sed our goodbyes and finally called the ship doctor. he was took to the morg on the ship and i visited him the next day he looked so peaceful and was taken off the ship at morrocco and got home a week later.

i really regret not telling him how much i loved him. i was 5 weeks pregnant at the time but choose not to tell him as i knew he wud be upset that he wudnt see my baby.

wen i told everyone i was pregnant all the family were so happy that we had some gd news.

i really believe my gdad went so we cud have our lil girl.

i miss him everyday and just want to see him and talk to him.

writing this has helped me a lot to relieve everythin inside.

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Laura,
I'm so sorry you lost your grandad. I am glad he got to go on the cruise though - I am sure it made him very happy in his last few days on earth.
He is probably watching over you and your girls now, and knows how precious they are. And thats saying something from me as i really dont believe.

Take care,
julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
NicolaOasis
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:39 am 
Post subject:
I remember when your grandad passed Laura Sad And like Julie said, im sure he's watching over you, im a believer though .

I have the same thing with my dad, he died from cancer 11th Nov 08 and i regret everyday not telling him that i loved him xx
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
yep i just hope he knows how much we all love him.

and u no too nicola that u didnt need to tell ur dad he will know how much u love him.

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
awww hun i am sorry xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry Laura I have only just read this. I cant believe time has passed so quickly since you lost your Grandad. Im sure you grandad knew so much how you loved him and looking down over you and your beautiful girls everyday.

Cx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 am 
Post subject:
yes i have no doubt he knew how loved he was and how loved he still is.

went to grave on saturday and took kids first time ive took georgia and louise dusnt remeber him but she put some daises on his grave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Coping with a loss All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular