Pregnant and unsure what to do

rebeccalee
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 pm 
Post subject: Pregnant and unsure what to do
Hi all,

I am 23 so not soo young but not old I guess. I have a dilema. I was in a well paid job and left this in march (doh!) to start a new career either in primary school teaching or as a midwife. I have no children currently but had 2 m/c last year. Whilst at my previous job I applied for an access course i got accepted but a week later I got my BFP! I am due to start this course in September when I will be 6 months pregnant due to give birth Christmas eve. My partner thinks I should wait a year but with a baby on the way I dont really want to Im dead sick of being at home and alone. tbh I dont have many friends so lonelyness is hitting me hard. Ok so I wanted to know whether you think my course tutors will still acceot me considering this. My mum has offered to look after baby beacuse its only 4 hours a day, I really feel I need this for my sanity anyone done or have experience of this? sorry if its a biut jumbled
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
i cannot see why they wouldnt let you as long as you can keep up with the work it should be fine i would ask them
go for it will be good for u x Smile
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
I hope so but maybe I will feel better when Im past 12 weeks maybe it will be nice to be with baby for 7 months then go to college
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun

First of all congrats on the baby and congrats on getting acceptted to your course as well Smile

If i was you personally i think i would applying for deffered entry to the course for the september of next year, this is what i'm trying to do for a midwifery course next year too. While I think doing the course hours would be okay i think with a baby the extra work that goes with it could be rather challenging.

I complettely understand how you feel about being lonely though, i'm the same if im honest im quite scared of being on my own. But you'd have your baby then and may appreciate the chance to spend some time with him/her.

Hope this helps you make me a decision, let us know how you get on Smile xxx
rebeccalee
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Yes i have been racking my brains about this OH thinks i wont want to leave baby as soon as I have given birth to go back to college and I do agree to a certain extent just soooo bored!!!!!!!
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
I think you'd be fine to do it,

however another thought, could you do it as a night course?

I found that much easier as I could spend the day with Josh and put him to bed then my mum or husband would look after him until I finished x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular