Thyroid gland, im worried, help please??

smelen
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:32 pm 
Post subject: Thyroid gland, im worried, help please??
I appologise if I sound melodramatic, but I have been signed off work again because of total and utter exhaustion. My dr has told me 2 go and get a blood test for anaemia and thyroid.

For the past few weeks I have had what I can only explain as a tight chest in my lower neck and it hurts 2 breath in. I've now googled what a thyroid gland is (sorry for my ignorance) only to find it is exactly where my pain is. I havent been for the blood tests yet, I've been putting it off but I will go tomorrow!!

I can't find much info on thyoid problems, it seems quite complex but can anyone out there please help me??

Thanks,

Helenx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Your thyroid basically controls your metabolism. If you produce to much thyroxine you'll be dashing about, have large protruding eyes and can eat as much as you liker without putting on weight. The reverse if you have an under active thyroid - weight gain, sluggish etc.

Wait for the blood tests before you self diagnose. Then you will know for sure Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular