10 things to save money

Zaarambar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:44 pm 
Post subject: 10 things to save money
Nowadays people complain that everything concernign kids is expensive but there are a good few ways to safe money. We spent that money we saved on good food and activities instead.
1. Breastfeeding
2. let the child sleep in your bed
3. buy a sling oder carrier instead of a buggy or pram (its more practical and gives the child warmth)
4. a child under 1year or even older doesnt need toys, its cheaper to make your own or use household things
5. buy clothes in a charity shop or get it from family
6. there is no need for a proper high chair, the simple ones which you can put on a chair are also usable outdoors.
7. Wait till your child is ready to eat, start weaning, weanign could also be skipped until the child shows interest in eating proper
8. cook your own meals
9. visit places where you dont need to pay money e.g. beach, playground (kids are happy with the simplest things)
10. Bye reusable nappies and wahs them at low temperature and add tea tree oil for disinfection
We done them all and it works!
fifitrixibelle
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
some good tips there, definitely be trying some of them!

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
lot of women breastfeed who can.
and a child needs there independence as well as you so think a lot of ppl chose for them to have there own bed
slings are gd but not for carrying round an 2 year old.
my daughter loved toys when she was under a year old and if there bought u know there safe.
clothes are cheap in shop. asda are very gd value for money u can get an outfit for 4
and i think a lot of ppl do cook their own meals.
i really dont think mothers have time to be washing disposeable nappies wish i did but with work a child and a house and dog to take care off wud be too much.

Zaarambar
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for feedback.
I know that a decision to be made if they need their own bed or not. Or if the money thing is important. For us it actualy wasnt but I enjoyed every minute of it. The child will get independence when its ready!
Children can be carried up to 20 kg or on some up to 25 kg. even at that age Kids were carried 100.ooo years ago.

I personally have no problem with washing my childs nappies. In the summer he runs around naked anyway. its just what you make of it and whats important. It worked for me.
beauy1
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
I love terries nappies i've used them on all 8 of my brood and will be doing so with this 1 it does take a lot of time getting used to them but it's a doddle afterwards.
[link=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][image noborder]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev066pr___.png[/image][/link]
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:55 am 
Post subject:
well my child gained independence straight away.

and i certainly cudnt carry a child aswell as shopping etc.

Zaarambar
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:30 am 
Post subject:
LauraG wrote:
well my child gained independence straight away.

and i certainly cudnt carry a child aswell as shopping etc.

hi Laura,
for me it wasnt the independence thing anyway. What attracted me wast the tiny baby sleeping next to me. I just love it, every little thing of it, the sme, the noises. But I can understand why many women choose to have hte baby in their own bed and not sharing a bed. Still, lots of women like to d just that but they are afraid that the babies will get a sleeping problem. But that is not true at all. At the end, its just what you feel is more important. We made up our mind and went along with all these things and im enjoyong motherhood since. And as beauy1 says its just a matter of getting used to. And thats for all the things. Once you you get a go with it, there is not a single problem. Again, if you are used to cary your child every day you wont feel a difference of you have to carry your shopping bags too. I got quite strong even without the gym. Smile You can also decide to carry your baby for teh first year and get a stroller or something. Its still cheaper than bying a buggy.
AmyandLewis
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Some very good money saving ideas there! But if you didnt want your child sharing your bed, if you have a large family of cousins, aunts, etc like me im sure someone would donate a moses basket/cot. My cousins little ones are getting older now so she's giving me 2 moses baskets Smile great way to save money (Y)
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
some things money cant buy
like your back -once its done in its done in -id rather buy 2nd hand than carry a child about -its ok for going places where there s a lot of climbing etc. but not practical if you have to go back to work and cant coz ur backs knackered -living off benefits is not an option id choose to consider -so ill push baba

ur right about beech etc though -they have much more fun doing their own thing and using imagination

regards christine
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Some good ideas there with regards to park. Unfortunately for me disposable nappies are best. Yes I know they can save you money, but the initial outlay is so much. As I live month by month, week by week etc, its better to spend 10 in Asda on a box of 100 nappies.

I was advised not to let either of my babies to sleep in my bed, with the dangers of overheating, smothering. If you are not supposed to use a duvet in their cots until they are 1, then surely being in mum and dads bed with the duvet is dangerous?????

Also buying second hand for some things is fine. I got a second hand cot of a friend 5. Bought a brandnew mattress of ebay 6.01. I definitely saved money and am still doing so.

I think that there are lots of other things people can make savings on, in order to get safe items for their children and babies. For myself and husband the children come first, we go without if that's what it takes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular