Early riser

martine
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:31 pm 
Post subject: Early riser
Help I am a mother of 11 month old twins, but my lttle boy wakes every morning at 5am on the dot, he goes to bed at 7-8 no problems but wakes every day & doesn't necessary want anything apart from me to pick him up Question [/b]
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:38 am 
Post subject:
hmmm - I guess that's just his current natural routine. You could try leaving it a few minutes longer each morning before going in to him, in order to try and influence his wake time. Alternatively, if it's just contact he needs, you could either bring him in with you (if it's possible) or move yourself into his room? depends on your set up, beds-wise though, and also that could be a risky tactic as he'll get used to it!

The only other thing I can suggest is to go in, pick him up for a few minutes, then re-set his sleep signals - make sure its dark (or whatever he is used to), maybe play music/lullaby or use one of those slow light show thingies. Might be enough to send him off for a couple more hours?

Let us know how you get on Very Happy

Anna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular