hypnotherapy cds

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:55 am 
Post subject: hypnotherapy cds
Hi,

Has anyone used hypnotherapy cds during pregnancy to help them relax during labour? I have put a thread in the labour and birth section asking the same question, but thought I'd put it in this section too so more people see it. Just want some advice/recommendations etc as starting to get a bit nervous about the labour/birth.

Thanks LD
faerie44
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 am 
Post subject:
hey, i havnt used them as this is my first baby but, im 17 weeks and i plan to use hypno birthing during my labour. my friends mum is a doula and she runs some hypnotherapy courses. i am going to start the course on the 14th. im so excited and looking forward to it, i have seen a hypnotherapist in the past and i found it the most amazing experience, so so relaxing, im hoping this will help me a lot during my labour.

X

Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I would definately recommend the hypnobirthing cds. I purchased mine from http://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk I also purchased the hypnobirthing book 'The Mongan Method'

When i found out i was pregnant i was really nervous about labour.

However, I read about the hynobirthing cds in magazine and also heard about 'The Mongan Method' on Richard&Judy back a few years ago! So i thought i'd try them out myself.

They worked wonders i stayed calm, relaxed and in control before & during labour. i also had a Massage Therapist come to the house to teach my partner how to massage me when i was having waves! (contractions) http://www.childbirth-massage.co.uk/midwives.shtml

I would highly recommend the above I can't believe what i difference it made to me, as was so nervous, but after listening to cds & reading book I felt much more confident & in control and opted for a homebirth.

I was in labour for approx 16hours, but managed to stay calm, relaxed and in control. I used the gas & air & a Maternity TENS machine for the last couple of hours of labour

Hope this helps & Goodluck! Very Happy
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi LD

Let me know if you do use hypno cds, as it would be interesting to see if you find or found them as useful as i did.

I found that the CDs helped me to take time out every day to relax. The Cds seemed to help me think positive and relaxed about the whole birthing experience and life in general. Allowing me to approach every situation in a positive and calm manner.

During the Cd they would talk you through on how to visualise a positive and exciting birth!! Weird, but it seemed to work!!

I would be very interested to know if anyone else has used alternative therapies or some sort of hypnosis that has helped during pregnancy & labour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular