Sorry to be a pain!

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject: Sorry to be a pain!
Hi everyone I posted yesterday about when to start trying to concieve? I didnt get any replies which. I know happens. But anyone out there do I listen to my Doctor or EP trust. Please help. I feel really down today and its probably my AF on the way since my EP which is good but making me feel really snappy miserable and grumpy! Im not asking for medical advice just some opinions Please. Thanks Claire x : Sad
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi pup

sorry to hear you are feeling so bad at the mo. I have read lots of advice on here and I think it really does depend on the individual as to when is a good time to TTC after an EP. It must be horrible for you and I'm sure 3 weeks feels like a lifetime when you are waiting to try again. I think you need to decide when you are physically and mentally ready again as you will obviously be really worried that something could go wrong again. I hope it all works out sooner rather than later.

Take care

Helz x
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Helz. God it means so much to me that someone has replied. Was beginning to get a bit paranoid there that maybe I was highly emotional and trying to jump ahead to fast. You are right I need to see how it goes, but 3 weeks feels like 3 months. Its like you say the worry of another Ep too. I appreciate your words. Claire x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi pup - I know we have spoken before and hope you are feeling ok. After my 2 losses I couldnt wait - didnt listen to anyone and just carried on trying (although mine were not EP) go with your instincts and listen to you.

Take care hun, Flossie xx

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks flossie for your advice. Thats the problem I feel i want to try soon but know medically it would be better to wait. Its the scenario of head and heart. Who to listen too. I appreciate your advice and have kept up with the posts on the other side (hopefully to be on soon!) and glad to hear all is well. Take care pupx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:16 am 
Post subject:
Yes I will be keeping an eye out for all of you guys on the 'other side' I know what it feels like and reading these posts takes me back, the tww was the worst for me, never knowing...

Good luck and take care, Flossie xxx

MrsE27
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi pup1, I wanted to reply to your post yest but I am not really sure what I would do either! Not much help i know...! Sounds to me that you will listen to your head and wait three weeks. I'm not sure if you have children already but I thought I might give a few suggestions on how to make the three weeks go quicker instead Smile !!!!!!

Here goes, I'm guessing it would be nice to look forward to something nice in the meantime:
a night away, swimming, walking, a day out at a place that means something to you, a picnic, lunch out with friends or your husband, get your hair or nails done, my favourite....retail therapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know some cost money but I tried to think of a few that don't cost very much!

I have been ttc our first, this is our 4th month, I was stressing about it unitl going out with a close friend, who help me put things into perspective. I feel much more positive about the future now and am actively trying not to put my life on hold!!

Good luck Smile You will be fine, i'm sure! Smile
Khugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Pup, It's really hard but try to keep as positive as you can, have been TTC for ten months now. I just try my hardest to find out as much as I can about fertility and best TTC and work out my own patterns. It's helped me, even though I'm not that regular I feel more in control of the situation now.Down days are miserable though so thinking of you.
It's very difficult, but I try to distract myself so I don't think about it (quite!) as much. I ended up getting so stressed about it all, until the last couple of cycles when I decided I couldn't go on like this as I was losing the plot!! and I'm sure it wasn't helping me to concieve.
Sending you positive thoughts! and lots of babydust!
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi khugs. Thanks for you message and thoughts of support and return thoughts of luck and best wishes to you too. Reading what you said made me feel more positive! Sending the babydust you way too. We all have miserable days but thats what we are here for to help each other get through so anytime you feel like a chat. Take care Pupx
ja43118
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi pup1 - I absolutely agree with Khugs. We have been trying since Sept last year but suffered a M/C in Dec at 7wks. We have been trying since then but no luck so far. Noone can tell you what to do - you need to go with your own instincts but I personally think even just waiting one more month might help your emotions more than anything else - and for your own piece of mind (not wanting it to happen again) this would let your body settle too.

I know how frustrating this whole thing is and like Khugs - I got to the stage a couple of months ago that I thought I was going crazy. I have now studied as much as I can about pregnancy, fertility, weeding out all the conflicting advice - and I have started charting my BBT, CM etc - and just having that control and focus has helped me to feel less helpless and more informed. I have also been having Acupuncture - more for calming my mind than anything else and it has helped me a lot.

My biggest godsend I have to say - happened to be someone at work who I started going out walking with at lunchtimes (in training for Race for Life) and we chatted small talk for a while and then I told her about us trying for a baby. She was too and we were in exactly the same frame of mind - frustrated and confused. It is so nice to be able to share the experience with someone who can answers your queries and confirm that you arent crazy in anything you are thinking.

I feel bad that you didnt get a reply to your first post but as I see from other replies - most of the people on here are more than willing to talk / help / answer questions - so even if you start messaging them or me - it will hopefully help. As my granny says - I problem shared is a problem halved!

Good luck and hope to see you signing off from TTC soon,

Jo x
Khugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi Jo and Pup, sending you both positve thoughts and wishes, will stay in contact, my turn for miserable day today!! Glad to be in contact with ladies who understand. Will try to perk up! x
ja43118
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Do you know something else that I do? If I feel miserable - I let myself - but I only allow myself one day. Sit on your couch in your comfy clothes, eat chocolate - watch a sad film and cry your eyes out. Then pick yourself up and put on a brave face for the next 30 days - and when you have your next one - embrace it.

Sounds cheesy - but I always feel less guilty sitting crying if I know it is my crying day.

Enjoy girlies - and no matter what age, shape or predicament - we are all in this together.

Jo xxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular