Hungry Baby Formula - help!

shelleymiffy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:59 am 
Post subject: Hungry Baby Formula - help!
Iv recently taken my 12 week old daughter off comfort milk and she is now on cow and gate stage 1. Since being on this milk (about 1 week) i don't seem to be able to fill her. She is now taking 7 oz every 3.5/4 hours (she was on 6oz every 4 hours). She was also sleeping for 10 hours through the night but she is now waking up twice to be fed.

I tried hungry baby milk on her last feed last night (at 7.15pm) put her to bed at 8pm and she slept till 3am had a 7oz feed and then went back to sleep and then woke again at 7am for another feed.

Should i put her onto hungry milk at every feed?
Anyone had any experience of hungry milk formula?

help would be appreciated.

Thanks
jewbag86
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
hi how is her growth .??
if she is small then i would not go to hungry food .
i put jody on it for a while but went to hV and she says they dont get so much nutriance and stuff casue they will feel fuller after smaller amount so i took jo back off it . (she is failure to thrive ) cant help you on a milk tho as jody is on specail stuff . xxxx
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
I put my son on it quite early on as he was wanting feed every 2 hours. I gave it every feed, and it worked brilliantly, he started going through the night. He is 6 months old ow. and goes to bed around 6pm and doesn't wake until 7.30am the next morning
Claire1972
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:00 am 
Post subject:
I used the Hungry Baby milk for Jacob during his growth spurt at about 4 months - and it worked a treat (our HV actually advised me to use this with him).

I did find that he slept more and weaned him back onto normal milk at about 8 months old - he still sleeps from about 7.00 pm to 6.30 am, so that's not bad going.

If you still aren't sure - ask your HV, I don't know if your clinic is the same as mine, but you can call them to ask questions or see them at baby clinic.

Good luck hun x

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:14 pm 
Post subject:
I had to put my twins boys on hungry baby when they were about 10 weeks old I think and they have been on it ever since. Tbh I don't think your meant to mix feeds anyway. I think you either need to have all feeds stage 1 or all feeds hungry baby because chopping and changing isn't very good for them. Liam and Craig were great on it for ages (although it didn't really make them last much longer. They still want fed every 4 hours now! ) but recently they have been crying a lot during feeds as if they have really painful wind so I'm considering changing them back to stage 1 milk. I'm a bit scared to though in case they wont last the 4 hours again and I need to change them back again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular