when exactly am i due?

somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:07 pm 
Post subject: when exactly am i due?
had my last period on the 10th of december

but didnīt see my boyf again until the 31st december - 6th january. basically we only see each other once a month.

saw him once more since then at the beginning of Feb but itīs more probably that the baby was conceived in January.

HELP

everywhere I look bases their calculations on my period - which doesnt work out.

i donīt get my scan for another few days and am just gagging to know

any experts out there?
gingin
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
hey i am in a similar situation - midwife says you take last period date as start then my scan said something different and now i could be 17 or 19 weeks - so i would also love to find out a better way of knowing due date !!
g
x
ladyann
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject: hi
hi ladies, its same for me also, but i will be going to have my scan soon , i dont know if that would help me. i see some online due date calculators , do they calculate it correct? even this give me a different due date from my doctor and hospital
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Its supposed to be worked out on your first day of your last period. Although you were not conceived until around 2/3 weeks after then, but its how they judge how far you are. Your scan wil go by the babys size so will give an accurate date.

Looking at your dates i would think it was in between 31st Dec- 6th Jan, so your around 16 weeks.

When is your first san booked in for? x

somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:47 am 
Post subject: had my scan on tuesday
sorry for not replying sooner ladies.

had to spend wednesday catching up with all my university work so that I donīt end up falling behind and having to drop out! - hopefully thatīs me caught up again now!

now out in spain with babyīs dad and he seems really chuffed - though still a wee bit surprised.

am now bursting out of my own clothes and I canīt decide if I am happy about this or depressed. I just look fat rather than pregnant! Yesterday was a day of joy and tears LOL

The scan results say that the baby is 14 1/2 weeks (which would make it nearly 15 1/2 now) which is a week more than is physically possible LOL -So am still no clearer on my exact due date.

They didnīt listen to me very much and suggested it was conceived at Christmas (impossible) so I asked if it could have been conceived at New Year. They said POSSIBLY.

My friend (who came with me) says that it might not be that easy for them to tell as yet and that at the 20 week scan they will know better. Basically it has to be born at the end of September because thats the only time I could have conceived (31 - 5th Jan).

Boyf now trying to scare me by saying he was born with a big head - ARRGHHH

Also got 2 photos and morphed them together - not a pretty sight! LOL

has anyone else tried to guess what their baby will look like?
gingin
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:14 am 
Post subject:
hi- can so relate to the depressed or happy about expanding wasteline - i am now 18 weeks and still just look fat rather than pregnant - on one hand i dont want to have a big bump cos i have to fit into my wedding dress in 4 weeks - on the other i do !! LOL
havent tried morphin pics but we are both quite dark - the only thing we are really curious about is eye colour cos other half has strong blue eyes in the whole family (being swedish!) but my side is very dark eyes/green - now that will be a exciting present to see for the first time
i def was NOT a pretty baby - had huge tuft of hair ! but turned out ok in the end LOL
i think that its fascinating what the end product will be
g
x
somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject: EYE COLOUR
The hair colour will be almost defo very dark or jet black - heīs spanish.

But he has the most unusual GREEN eyes and all my family (and me included) have Blue eyes.

My friend says that if both mummy and daddy have blue eyes - then baby will have blue eyes - but if you have the genes for brown eyes then that dominates. ARRGHH

still no answer for blue / green eyes. LOL

We are talking about getting married now - before he was too scared to get married - probs coz I insisted on a Scottish kilt for him HAHA

I have put my foot down though and said that I WILL NOT be a FAT bride HAHA
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Itīs not so important these days to be married before baby arrives (thank goodness) so I donīt mind if it is toddling behind me when we eventually tie the knot (if we still decide to go ahead with it of course)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular