growth scan

samantha225
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject: growth scan
hi all im 35 weeks pregnant and when i had my last scan baby appeared fine but now mdwife wants me t g for a scan on friday because she thinks my bb is small. anyone got any advice as i bit worried as this my 1st bb but lostonelast september
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I had to go for a growth scan when I was 34 weeks pregnant as I was told by midwives that the baby appeared to be very small. I was told to expect to have a 5lb baby!
During the scan, I was told that his stomach appeared to be smaller than it should and it may be that the cord was not feeding him well enough.
After the scan a midwife worked out on a chart that my baby was slighlty smaller than average but not small enough to cause concern, she also said that the stomach was nothing to worry about.
My son weighed 6lbs 1oz when he was born so wasnt as small as everyone expected him to be and was all round healthy!
I believe they do a growth scan to be on the safe side and to get an idea of what size the baby may be.
You will be fine in your scan! Im sure there is nothing to worry about
malibucaz
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
when i went for my 20 week scan i was also told my baby was a bit on the small side but nothing of concern but i have to go back for a growth scan at the end of the month and im so so scared also something else will show thats up like shes stopped growing or something... it really is worrying but the amount of people ive heard it happening to since i found this out and then all is ok after has put my mind at ease a bit so try not to worry till you have the scan your baby might just be a small baby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular