How to make it through the day??

kate4sal
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:56 pm 
Post subject: How to make it through the day??
hi every1.. I am 6-7 weeks preg, depnding which website i look at.. and today is worst day.. not ill or anything but just have waves of exhaustion and feel very bloated..... and am clock watching... finish work at 5 and not sure how to make it..!! However i have felt a bit like this since finding out 2 weeks ago with lack of concentration at work........ not sure boss will be too happy if i continue like this??!!!

It is reassuring to read that lots dont have symptons.. i have the sore boobs and a few cramps in stomach now and then and tired.. however am a tired person anyway so never sure if thats just me!!!! haha! Today is def more than normal though!! Oh yes and occ hot flushes and a fondness and need for fresh air frequently???

Anyonme else struggling to get through the days...........???????? Time is going sooooooooo slowly.... roll on 12 weeks!!

xx
Angel78
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
HI Kate4Sal

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the clock watching doesn't go away!!! I'm 29 weeks and the days just seem to go so slowly and I cant seem to keep myself motivated at work. Between weeks 14-25 seemed to be better for me and I felt great but now its tiredness and restlessness that I'm getting - not good when I'm s'posed to be working!

All in all had a really easy pregnancy up til now with no sickness, cravings or anything but have noticed that am prone to headaches a lot more now - could be related to the tiredness.
Hope all goes well for you
xx
ladyann
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:46 pm 
Post subject: hi
Hello, hope your feeling better, i'm on week , 7,8,or 9 lol, i dunno for sure but i know i feel so sick especially during the morning period, lucky i don't have to go to work so i just stay in bed till evening and find myself waking most of the night, i dont know if that's healthy or good for the baby but it helps me. i dont know why but have you guys notice doctors know most pg women feel sick during the day and thats when they make the appt. to see you. thats like so hard for me. even taking a shower is so tiring. But say what you still go to work and face the day, thats really brave, lol. take care and hope you feel well. chat again soon. laters, Ann Smile
smelen
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
I've just been back 2 the docs today and she has signed me off for another week. I am absolubtly exhausted, I can't even make a simple meal!! my poor husband is lookin after me well though fortunately.

The doctor told me that this normally passes after 12 weeks but everyone is different.

Fingers crossed we get better soon!!

Take care,

Helenx
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:27 pm 
Post subject: Clock watching
Hi all hate to tell you this but it gets better then a lot worse again the closer to your due date you get as waiting for little un to arrive! Hope those of you feeling bad in first tri feel better soon. Very Happy
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 pm 
oh really, so later it will be tough again, by that time my mom will be around hopfully, its hard doing this alone, well my husband helps alot but even with him when i say i got a headache he says he also, lol Smile
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
ladyann, that made me giggle, men havnt got a clue have they!! although saying that my husband is very supportive fortunately!!

Helenx
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
im getting the same thing here, tiredness and sickness and my partner is the same with more symptoms than me though! he cant stay awake after 9pm and when i say i feel sick he does too, if im tired he is knackered!!!! The other day he even dared to suggest that because for the past few wks before we found out i was pregnant i was snappy so HE KNOWS its not the hormones!!! I had to remind him that im 7wks now and we found out around 4wk mark, so yes prob had been snappy but id been cooking a baby for past month!!! men have no idea!!!
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
hahahaha bloominglovely!! nice to know its not just me and mr.mans then Very Happy this morning at work i emailed him saying i was having such a [*@!#%*] day because at week 11 unfortunately the amnesia's started already and i'd forgotten to save a whole mornings' work on my pc!!! not even a sorry babes....lol!! he emailed back saying how he was in such a bad mood Shocked was really mad for a minute there but now i cant stop laughing!! MEN.....
kate4sal
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
they are all the same then... was getting very irritated last night saying how tired i felt and then being told hubby is shattered too..........
Am looking forwatrd to 2nd tri then as that by the sounds of things is the best! And hopefully some of the worry goes a bit then too??
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
Men are useless sometimes aren't they? My husband has been really supportive, but he reckoned he had more symptoms than me in the first few months!!!! Why do they feel the need to join you in all the symptoms?

As for work, I am a teacher so on Easter hols at the mo. Really glad I only have 7 more weeks at work before I leave for maternity leave. Am exhausted and find it so difficult to get any energy for work. All you who feel the same have my sympathies. Really tempted to get myself one of those count down ticker things for how many days until my maternity leave starts!

LD
sozzle
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All - i found first 12 weeks utterly exhausting. by 3pm each day i was virtually on my knees!! glad to say that, for me, for past few weeks (am now 15+3days) my energy levels have dramatically improved. Unfortunately i too have been suffering baby amnesia which is really hard as its so unlike me. Hate to say also that worrying still continues even after 12 weeks - next big worry is 21 week scan -always something isnt there?!! husband is really supportive but again seems to suffer from all same symptoms as me although i did point out rather angrily the other night that it was NOT POSSIBLE for him to suffer with period type cramps!!!
kate4sal
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
oh... so i guess from all this that the worry never ends from now... until forever???? But i am very sure it is all worth it and am very happy to be pregnant!!!!!! Desptie it all!
ladyann
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:38 pm 
yeah you bet. i was talking to my mom the other day complaining how i felt and she told me in the end when you look at your baby you forget it all. look at how many women have more and more kids.
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
I am 25 weeks and by 3pm I am ready to collapse!!!! First trimester with the exhaustion and nausea and now it's the sore feet! I'm on my feet all day at work and have actually been signed off for a week as I was having really bad increasing abdominal pains last week - got checked out at the hospital and everything is ok thank god. The doc reckons as i'm on my feet most of the day (i'm an assistant manager in a large clothes store so no office seat for me!) and up and down stairs, lifting things, bending a lot, stressful boss etc that it's giving me the extra pain which sometimes as me doubled over. Don't do as I have done and try and keep going without letting your boss know if you're having difficulty. I've let my boss make things worse and now I'm suffering for it more! xxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular