is it too soon????

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject: is it too soon????
hi everyone,

like i wrote earlier i have just had my 3 months scan, so getting really excited about baby.

was wondering when is it ok to start buying baby things??? been seeing loads of cute and gorgeous baby grows e.c.t but dont want to buy anything too soon and jinx myself.

thanks

kimberley xo

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
hi kimberly!
If you really want to start buying for baby then go for it..i waited till afetr my 12 wk scan so as we knew the baby was ok, then i went wild in mothercare!!
there i so much to get as well thats its nice to pick up a few bits here and there, make a list and buy a little something every week. i just went on a shopping spree with my mum the other day and im glad i already have most of the things as im quite big already and didnt want to be walking around the shops nearer the end of the pregnancy. the only thing i wont have in the house till after baby is born is the pram.
i rekon you should get down the shops and treat yourself.. happy shopping.
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:07 am 
Post subject:
thanks dawnb,

ive got a real head on me now to shop, shop, shop!!!! lol!

mother care, ere i come! hee hee.

thanks again

kimberley xo

bex86
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:19 am 
Post subject:
hello i started buying the smaller things earlier but waited till about 35 weeks before i got the pram and car seat and all the bigger things,are you going to find out what your having?
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:57 am 
Post subject:
yes definately!!!

im to excited to wait till the birth to find out!!! lol! was thinking i'd buy loads when i know babys sex, that way i can buy all things blue or pink!!

do you know what your having??? me and partner have fingers crossed for a boy!! lol!

kimberley xo

bex86
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:47 am 
Post subject:
hi kimberly
yes were having a little girl already got one shes 2 and a half cant imagine having two didnt find out with my first it was boring having to by yellow and cream things then when your babys born you dont want to put them in any thing thats not pink or blue this time has been fun every things pink!!! x
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya i think it is different for everyone. I am 26 wks and havent bought a thing yet because I know it probably sounds silly but I dont want to jinx anything as we were trying for over 3 years for a baby. I was thinking the other day that maybe I should start thinking about it soon, what did all you girls buy first and have you got a good list?? Happy buying everyone xx
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
i am 17 weeks pregnant and i have not bought anything yet. I always think buying things too early is bad luck. I am going to wait until i am at least six months.
chantrelle
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
hi
im 34 weeks pregnant and i have brought all the main things but not nappiesor milk yet i already have a little girl 14months so im going to have my hands full with thw pair of them
malibucaz
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
some people wait till after there 12 week scan but i waited till after my 20 week scan it depends on how you feel about getting things now.
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:01 am 
Post subject:
hi everyone,
still havent actually bought anything yet, although i've been in mothar care browsing.

took home a few catalogues from mothercare, adams and other childrens stores, and have marked everything im liking in pen.

everythings creams and whites at the mo, thinking about holding off untill after my 20wk scan so i know weither to buy blues or pinks!!!

thanks everyone for the replys and gud luck on all your pregnancys!

kimberley xo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular