Sure Start Grant..

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:23 am 
Post subject: Sure Start Grant..
Not sure if this is the right place Confused but just wondering if anyone can help re. the sure start grant.

We were refused it with Alfie,as obviously we didn't have all of the requirements,and I don't think we will get it this time,even though at the mo,we're on a low income,OH is only wokring 16 hours and do get some help.

But I don't see us getting it,judging by the requirements you need,which tbh I'm a little bit pee'd off about,as my sister managed to get it,and she/her hubby earn a lot more than we do and I don't think they claim anything!

So how the heck did they get it and we weren't allowed ? Sad it seems the only way you're really likely to get it,is if you get income support,which u only get if you work less than 16 hours,so basically my OH may as well give up work all together Rolling Eyes

Is there any way we might be able to get it?I am really banking on it tbh,as I have no idea how else we can afford everything Sad

any advice would be great,thanks xx

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
get the form and fill it in anyway cos i didnt think we would be entitled to it by reading the requirements but we got it
so get one and get it set hun you never know Very Happy x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun,I will do Smile Got a while to go before I can claim but I definitely will try.I think from what I have worked out,we should be able to get it,based on child tax credits,so fingers crossed!

I think the reason we didn't get it before,is because we claimed before Alfie was born,so we didn't meet the requirements,had we waited until he had been born,we probably would have got it Rolling Eyes typical!

xxx

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
i think you sound like you r entitled i would def send it away anyway
my mw told me to do it anyway

i think if you dont get it when you r pregnant you can claim again after baby is here and are more likley to get it x Smile
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Thanks hun.It doesn't really matter if we get it before or after tbh,but would be good to have before.

I'm quite hopeful now that we might get it Very Happy xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
I think you probably will get it squb. Although your OH works 16hrs a week, you may not be claiming income support, but you will be on a higher rate of Tax credits Wink

I remember when Oliver was first born and people kept offering us things (free to those on low income) and I said we're not entitled Confused and they kept mentioning a higher rate of Tax credit.
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
As long as you apply after the baby is born EVERYONE is entitled as your on the higher amount of child tax credits untill they are a year old.

We missed out as everone kept telling me that unless your on low income you dont get it so I didnt bother. A friend of mine is a benefit support officer and told me that everyone is entitled and that we missed out so was well annoyed.

Just make sure you do it after the baby is born but before its 3 months old.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular