Has anyone managed to conceive after ectopic?

MorganL
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:39 pm 
Post subject: Has anyone managed to conceive after ectopic?
I know I can't try after the methotrexate for three months but after searching the internet (which is probably my worst enemy) I haven't seen many people having massive success despite what the doctors say.

My hcg levels have dropped a little although the doctor didn't say by how much (a little but not a rise??). I've had heavy bleeding which co-incidentally happened at the time my AF would normally be due (not sure that is relevant but seems odd).

I'm really worried that I might not be able to get pregnant. I mean, after trying for over two years we finally manage it and then it turns out to be a complete nightmare.

I could really do with some positive stories but I've not been able to find any, anywhere.

Sad

My Ovulation Chart
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Morgan,

there are a few ladies on here that have had a +ve outcome after ectopic. Pup1 (Claire) is one of them - and she is 36 weeks pg now!

If you go onto the Ectopic Trust forum (its easier if you join) there are loads of ladies on there that will give you excellent advice - it was a godsend for me - and great therapy.

There is a topic thread for ladies ttc after ectopic and lots of FAQ's. Take a look - i'm sure it will help.

Julie xxx
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi Morgan,

i just wanted to say how sorry i am for you after reading all that you have gone through and i really want to give you some hope.....my good friend sadly had an ectopic pregnancy but within a few months went on to become pregnant again. She is now the very proud mum of a gorgeous little boy who is 18 months old.

I hope everything works out for you and that you recover quickly. take care hun x
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Morgan

Im so sorry hun for you loss and what you have been through. Can I just say I so totally agree with Julie on how helpful The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust is and was to me too. Lots of support and positive stories.

I had my EP in March 2008 and lost my little one at 6 and a half wks. I also lost my Right tube as had begun to rupture. In short after a couple of erratic cycles we started trying again but with no initial luck.. After pushing at the hospital I was given a HSG at the start of Feb 2009 and days after when I must of OV'd I actually concieved. I was told at the HSG that my remaining tube looked pretty much blocked. But have since learnt it could have gone in to spasm.

I was told IVF was prob my only option after the HSG. At 35 with 2 children I thought my chances were over. But I was blessed and Im proof it can happen. Because Im now almost 37 wks pg with my daughter.
Im truly sorry for what you are going through and hope the future makes your dreams come true hunni. Please feel free to PM if there is anything I can help you with or help answer. Hugs Clairex

T

T
KarenD
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 am 
Post subject: Just thought i'd share
I had an ectopic with my 3rd pregnancy - it resulted in me losing my fallopian tube last Oct Crying or Very sad I was told my chances of conceiving were 65% in 18 months.
My last period was in November last year, so just over a month after my ectopic we managed to conceive again Very Happy he is breastfeeding right now!
It is possible and i hope you all fall pregnant very quickly xxx
MaybeBabySomeday
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:09 pm 
Post subject: ttc after ectopic
Hi. Sorry about your loss after so many years after ttc. I had the surgery where the dr opened my tube and removed my sweet little one and closed it back up to spare my tube. I had the surgery in the end of 8/09. I got pregnant again in Oct. and miscarried only after 2 days post my +hpt. The good thing and the only good thing is that it was a pregnancy that implanted in my uterus.

Good luck. This so difficult and uber unfair. Crying or Very sad
xLOUISEx
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Morgan I had an ectopic 6years ago, had my left ovary and tube removed, and I have since been pregnant 6 times since 3 of which I miscarried but I have 2 beautifull girls and I'm expecting again now, good luck Hun x
Corrie22
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
My friend had a ectopic pregnancy and went on two have three straightforward pregnancies so it can happen Smile

Virgin316
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Morgan,
I'm very sorry to hear what has happened to you. I had an ectopic two years ago; we had been ttc for just under 2 years by then. I had my fallopian tube removed and were told to leave things for 3 months which we did but were told that we could get pregnant soon after as many people did.
Unfortunately it wasn't happening for us and a year after the ectopic we started running tests on hubby and me whic eventually resulted in us being given Clomid as a fertility treatment - that was September last year and 3 cycles of it later we got pregnant and I'm now 34 weeks pregnant!
Don't despair - it will happen - sometimes these things take a lot longer than expected and can cause heartache - although I am over the moon with our upcoming arrival I am still sad about what happened but it was clearly not meant to be at the time. Keep your chin up x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular