very confused

nigerach
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 am 
Post subject: very confused
hi everyone,

im totally new to this and my fiance and i are looking forward to having a family together. im just confused because my other half is showing signs of being pregnant and signs of being due onto her period,her periods are hardly ever on time but this month she has got lots of different signs that point to being pregnant.we both want this so much and we're just confused on what to do Question Question Question Question

if anyone can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated

thanks
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:51 am 
Post subject:
early signs of preganancy are VERY similar to PMT and early period indicators. If she hasn't come on within about 3 days of feling pre-menstrual (or longer if she normally suffers from bad PMT) then do a pregnancy test. I'd suggest hanging on until at least a day past her normal cycle length though so you don't waste your money. If it comes back negative, wait a couple of days and if no period, test again. If she goes 10 days over her cycle with no bleed and still negative tests, see your doctor for a blood test Very Happy

Hope it works out!!

Anna
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:52 am 
Post subject:
oh - tender breasts are often a good early sign of pregnancy - and i MEAN tender, painful to the touch!! Unfortunately, if she gets this anyway pre-menstrually, its hard to tell the difference.
nigerach
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:03 am 
Post subject:
hi

well she said to me that never before has she had tender breasts but this time round they are sore,im just finding it extremly weird because her moods are going from really happy and cuddling up on the sofa to being really off and hates being touched. its also hard as she doesnt really want to do a pregnancy test as she doesnt like the risk of it coming back as negative. Confused

if we have'nt managed to concieve this month have you got any good and helpful ideas on how to concieve Question PLEASE

we've used the ovulution srips and found the ovulation dates but it seem's to vary from month to month. if you could give us some tips n ideas that'll be great.

many thank nigel Cool
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:31 am 
Post subject:
when is her period due?

its normal for her ovulation dates to vary month on month, which is why the tests are pretty handy. I know the fear of negative tests after 14 months of trying before success!! so i can understand where she is coming from - BUT from what you say it does sound like it is worth doing a test as soon as she is a day past her normal bleed day.

As for tips on conceiving - there's millions out there and it depends on your personal preferences, but using gravity to help is a fave - so after sex, stick a pillow under her bum and make sure she keeps her knees up - its supposed to really work as it raises the chances of a sperm finding the egg quite a lot.

Remember with pregnancy tests that even just the tiniest hint of a line indicates probably pregnant - they aren't like the ovulation tests where the line has to be darker than the indicator line.

Anna
nigerach
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,

my due date is around the 4th of october, and my monthly cycle can be from anything between 27 and 32 days. but the only thing is ive been experencing pains in my ovaries and back cramps since the day i ovulated, but not bad like when im on my period, when im due on i get a slight bach ach and thats all, but as soon as im on its so heavy and painfull.

my nippels are sore, i have been eating a lot more than i usually would. i have been getting mood swings, also i have been going to the bathroom more often than usual. then i think i have not concieved this month because it seems like im gettin the simtoms of a period, but as soon as the back cramps go all the other simptoms point to pregnancy so im confused.. Confused Sad

any advise Question Question

many thanx rach x
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
HI Rach & Nigel,

Wanting a baby so much can do allsorts of things with your mind,like thinking you pregnant.As my partner & i have found...The more you want to become pregnant the more symptoms you find that make you think you are...try not to think about becoming pregnant......

I fell pregnant at a time i never imagined could be possible....The story goes;

My mum died on Feb 27th 07 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad from suffering & fighting Lung cancer for 5 long years,i was caring for her at her home from Dec.....
Then 12 hours later her partner died from an enlarged heart....
Then to top it all off my dad was taken into hospital on 13th April with a bad back.Only to find he had to much Calcium in his blood,they tested dad for Bowel Cancer only to find he had BONE CANCER which was secondary Cancer...Further tests showed the primary Cancer had come from the Lungs,Liver,kidney & possibley spread to his Brain...
We were told dad had weeks possibley days to live,within 10 days of dad being in Hospital he was transfered to a Hospice...
dad sadly died on 10th May 07... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The day after dad died,10 minutes before we went to the Funeral Parlour,I found out i was pregnant.....

I was late for my period but put it down to stress & upset,but i was 5 weeks gone.

So it just goes to show that pregnancy can happen when you least expect it to...

I would say just carry on having your time in bed & forget about pregnancy as you can see it happens when you don't expect it to....

All the best to you both & let us no how things go.... Smile

Karen......
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi Rach

Karen is definitely right on that one! your mind definitely plays tricks when you really want it.

I think at this point the best thing you can do is relax and forget about it until at least 5th October, then if you've not come on try a home pregnancy test. I wouldn't get your hopes up though, as it could just as easily be normal PMT plus trying to conceive stress giving you these symptoms.

Let us know how it goes

Anna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular