16 week antenatal apt

xamberx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:18 pm 
Post subject: 16 week antenatal apt
hello all, hope all ur pregnancies are going well, i was just wondering, will i hear my babys heart beat at this 16 weeks apt?! ive got it into my head that sumthng is wrng and i knw i cnt have a scan so was wondering wot will happen at this apt, weve they listen 4 babys hearbeat etc, thnx xx
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
I was told by my midwife that we would be listening to the babys' heartbeat at the 16week check so you should get to do that. apparently 16weeks is also when they take blood for the triple test. Please don't worry too much and be sure to tell your midwife whats bothering you so she can help.
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:39 am 
Post subject:
HI Ladies - Amber, i have my 16 week midwife appointment today so will let you know if they check heartbeat - hope so!
Marmalade - glad you mentioned triple test. This is mentioned on my dating sheet as something you can opt for, but it doesnt say what it is! so, do you know what the tests are for??

thanks!
sozzle
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:39 am 
Post subject:
Hi Again - so, had my 16 week appointment yesterday and i confirm that the midwife did indeed check for hearbeat. She said that they dont try before 15/16 weeks as it can be difficult to locate and despite trying to reassure mothers that its perfectly normal they always worry!! it was incredible to hear it pumping away. Am thinking of buying a doppler as there is about 6 weeks before my next scan/appointment and think that listening to the little one may reassure me a wee bit. Amber - enjoy your appointment.

Marmalade - found out that triple test is basically same as the nuchal scan i had, therefore didnt need it.

sozzlex
xamberx
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
thnkyou, uve put my mind at rest, i was worrying so much last nyt that i drwamt abt sumthng bad happening n nw am worrying that the drwam is a sign, i am sure evrythng will b fine tho, my apt is tmz so i will let u knw how it goes, i was thnkn abt getting 1 of those doppler thngs, its a long time to wait betweens apts so thnk ther quite a gd buy, bt thn if u vnt find heartbeat ule worry evn more, ne way thnx agen and gd luck wv ur pregnancy xx
sozzle
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
amber - i know what you mean! wondered whether it might stress me out more but friend of mine said that once you get the hang of it, its easy to always find it. It just feels like such a long time between appointments doesnt it? im now worried about 21 week scan as thats when they check for abnormalities etc isnt it? It seems like there is always something to worry about it! let me know how midwife appt goes
xamberx
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
hi agen, i fell down the stairs earlia (dnt ask how lol) bt i rang midwife cryin ma eyes out an she sed t go t the hosp an c her as its antenatel day and she checkd the heartbeat tday 4 me it was rly fast bt she sed evrythngs well and no need to go tmz nw as she done it all tday, im so happy nw and reasured, it was in the 40's from wot i cn remember so its a girl so evn more happy, it was so loud i am deffenately going to get a doppler lol, at 1st i thought it was mine i cud hear and i sed do u want me to hold my breath t make it easia ha ha.cnt wait til ma 20 week scan, seems so far away bt am sure itl fly by, how far gone ru?! hope evrythngs ok at ur end, wb xx
sozzle
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:14 am 
Post subject:
hello!! sorry to hear about your tumble, you must have been really worried. glad to hear you and bump are fine and that heartbeat is nice and strong. How did you find out you were having a little girl?? id love to know what im having - boy or girl i dont mind as long as baby is healthy, although we are struggling to agree on girls names so would be good to focus mind -any ideas?? I am 16 weeks on Sunday. take care sozzlex
xamberx
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
aww, bless ya, well wen they do the heartbeat, if its in 140's its a girl apparently as women ang girls have faster heartbeats lol, ile prob b avin a boy tho lol i dnt mind as long as its healthy, my names amber jade which r both jewels so me an ma bf sed keep it goin so gna call her saphire ruby or caycee as i love that name, an if its a boy laken, mckenzie, mcalley, im nt sure thers ldz i like lol, wot u got in mind! only a mnth til 20 week scan i cnt wait !! xx
sozzle
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:39 am 
Post subject:
ooohhh maybe that means im having a girl as i think the hearbeat at my 12 week scan was quite fast. Hopefully will find out at 21 week scan - only four weeks to go -cant wait!! your names are lovely. we are soooo struggling with girls names. husband is away on business for three weeks (boo) so have told nhim that he has to come up with a short list before he gets back!!
shivie1234
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:51 am 
Post subject: 20 week scan
[size=18]Hi all this is my first posting and Im 20 weeks gone and I have scan at 11am tom,I am looking forward to seeing my baby but alittle scared too!!! This is were theycheck for any problems I think????? I hope they will also beable to tell me if Im having alittle girl or boy.
sozzle
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
how exciting!! enjoy seeing your little one again, let us know how you get on and what you're having.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular