Maternity Clothes - where have you shopped?

Chutzpah
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, she's in the 35/36" range.

I can't believe how difficult it is proving - there must be a business opportunity!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Chutzpah!!! I think I have the solution!

http://www.beanpolebumps.co.uk/

I am 6ft and have the same problem as your wife with stupidly long legs. I posted earlier about the Bumps and Beyond websiite who are tall combined with plus size but may be too big size wise but I've JUST found today another brand new site - link above - which launches 5th April. I had a look and it looks very promising. It's still pricier than New Look etc but not as pricey as Long Tall Sally. Another thing which I have suggested before and I still use are the bump adjuster things from amazon which she can use with her normal trousers.
Hope that helps a bit Smile

RHL
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone. I took this afternoon off work today and was quite excited about going to look for some maternity clothes (sad I know). Am only 12 weeks but find my work clothes just get too tight by the end of the day.

BUT I had a nightmare finding anything (and this was in Manchester City Centre). Dot Ps have stopped doing maternity in that store, H&M/New Look /Next don't stock any maternity trousers in short length (which is what I need) so I was unable to buy anything from there although I did end up getting some 'pedal pusher' trousers in H&M in the end out of pure desperation, as they are cropped so the length didn't really matter.

The last shop I tried (by which time I wsa shattered and wishing I'd not bothered!) was Debenhams and they had a Red Herring maternity section which I highly recommend. They had lots of casual and smart stuff in short/regular and long length. Unfortuantely they had nothing in short in my size but I will defintiely be back!

I totally agree that there must be a market out there for short/long maternity clothes at affordable prices!! x
Chutzpah
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
cjarchibald wrote:
Chutzpah!!! I think I have the solution!

http://www.beanpolebumps.co.uk/

I am 6ft and have the same problem as your wife with stupidly long legs. I posted earlier about the Bumps and Beyond websiite who are tall combined with plus size but may be too big size wise but I've JUST found today another brand new site - link above - which launches 5th April. I had a look and it looks very promising. It's still pricier than New Look etc but not as pricey as Long Tall Sally. Another thing which I have suggested before and I still use are the bump adjuster things from amazon which she can use with her normal trousers.
Hope that helps a bit Smile

Thanks! I'll mention it to her.

I was beginning to think that I'd have to get a load exported from China and start my own business!
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject:
My trousers stopped fitting me when I was around 12 weeks even though this is my first child, I am normally a size 12-14 but the last pair I bought before moving onto maternity wear was a size 16!

I have some trousers from D.Perkins and find them comfortable and not too pricey. I have some maternity jeans from New Look but the button that you use to resize them tends to itch me which I find annoying. Apart from them two stores there seems to be very little choice in my town and the same goes for the city of Derby (who have just built a big Westfield type supercentre).

I find it strange as when I'm out I seem to see pregnant women everywhere lol yet the shops don't seem to be following this. Surely maternity wear could be a massive money maker for them.

x

sozzle
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies - i have just ordered a pair of trousers from www.funmum.com . Being on the short side ive found it really difficult to find "petite" sizes, but have finally found somewhere that does them. Will let you know what they are like when they arrive but prices are v reasonable. I did also manage to find a petite size in Mamas and Papas but cut was rather weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular