Majorca......where 2 go?

MiniMeg
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:45 pm 
Post subject: Majorca......where 2 go?
me and OH r thinkin about takin cerys 2 majorca at end of Sept, she wil b 13mths then. ive been to Palma b4 and i know its a beautiful place and the ppl r friendly, not far on the plane and not 2 hot in sept.

just wonderin if any of u had been 2 majorca with little ones? do u know of anywhere that is baby friendly and close 2 the beach?

also, wot essential things shud i take e.g bottle warmer etc

ur help wud b great
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
We went to santa ponsa in majorca before we had jamie about 3 years ago and it was very family friendly would like to go there again. Although our hotel was quite a bit away from the beach and shops but there are plenty of hotels on beach front if we were to go again. We went to salou last year when jamie was 9 months, and we just took the cartons of ready made milk over and he had it at the temperature it was out the carton so no need to warm up. Very Happy
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
awww thanks hun. wil hav a look at those 2 places. duh i keep forgetting about the cartons Rolling Eyes so much easier. as long as its not like Magaluf, those days r gone, cudnt stick the noise with the baby Rolling Eyes Laughing
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
although its not far from magaluf its nothing like it, its nice and quiet, there is a big square outside somewhere that has family entertainment on at night was really good. Very Happy You could take powder milk and just add boiled bottle water to it, we took powder too for his bed time bottle, it saves taking too many cartons in luggage as it may be quite heavy. Very Happy
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
hey i worked out there for 9 months know it like the back of my hand Wink

I worked in Calas De Mallorca which is on the east coast, its all families and very quite if thats what your looking for. and lovely cove beaches. but there isnt that much to do there.... or there Cala Do'r which is the next place downt he east side, which again worked there for a little while doing the kids clubs, but that alot more restuarnts and beaches and shops. againt he beaches are all small coves which is really nice but he beach from each hotel is at the most 15min walk if that!
Only thing is if you wanted to go water parks or shows or any main attractions they are mostly down Palma end or Alcudia, which is up right north an hour or so each. Also from airport when I did airport transfers you're talking a good hour to hour& 3/4 bus journey, depending where the bus is going to drop off on way. if your lucky to eb 1st could be less than a hour.

personaly I would go with a small child the east coast, or alcudia, wouldnt rate Pamla at all for children... just shops shops and shops

MiniMeg
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
brill !!! thanks Em, yeh sumwhere with luvly beach not 2 far from hotel and nice shops etc. so Cala D'or me thinks???!
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
We went to santa ponsa last year for our honey moon. Lovely little place. I would reccomend crocodillos where they serve crocodile. Trust me don't diss it before you've tried it. The tram from palma to sollier is a lovely scenic trip. Did think with the downturn in the exchange rate it was very expensive. didn't have little one with us as was 3months preggers when we went

JayneRiley
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
hi im thinking of going majorca im thinking about alcudia has ive heard its good 4 familys, ive read quiet a few reviews about it has ive never been, i will be taking my little boy but he will be 18 month so a bit older but just wondered if anyone else has been to alcudia b4? and can anyone recommend any places to stay?
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:39 am 
Post subject:
We've booked to go to Alcudia in September staying at Cuidad Blanca - I've been before years ago and it was a fab hotel. Still gets 5/5 on trip advisor and looks to be great for kids. Our LO will be 11 months when we go. Just trying to decide what we'll do on an evening for food. Give our LO his tea before we go out to eat or go out earlier and all eat together?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular