What happens at 1st MW appointment?

kate4sal
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:09 pm 
Post subject: What happens at 1st MW appointment?
Hi, I have 1st MW appointment a week today and am just wondering what to expect.. do they have anyway of working out how far gone you are - feeling tummy or anything???? I think i am due Nov, however also feel like i was having symptons b4 i had positive test - prob wishful thinking so that i am over 12 week mark but just wanna know!!! any advice appreciated please!! x
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
To be honest I found mines quite disappointing!!! Laughing I was expecting loads of prodding and mass discussions about birthing plans etc but it's really just a lot of info noting. MW will take you blood pressure, weigh you, take your height, ask about family medical history, check your pee for protein, attempt to work out your due date (if you're really not sure they might refer you for a scan to check), tell you what not to eat. It's all pretty boring really!
Basically they don't pay much attention to you until after 12 weeks - it's really bad I know - but until then they want to make sure it's a viable pregnancy before they spend all their time with you. I've seen so many posts on here with women saying the same thing.
What to do is write down a list of questions you have and MW will answer them all there.....no matter how silly you think they are! Smile xxxxx
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
ohh... is disappointing!! I just wanna know for sure how far on i am and that everything is ok!! All so scary at moment, I know everyone feels the same but its driving me insane!!!!!!! Think i have nearly reached one goal by MW appt next week and then gonna have to wait some more... fingers crossed they send me for a scan pretty quick after.. then i'll feel i can tell people too as all that driving me insane too!!!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Awww don't worry i'm sure everything is ging to be totally fine!!!! Smile When was your last period? - you can usually get a rough idea from that xxxx
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thats my prob, i have worked it from last period as due 22nd Nov, however i am sure i have been having the symptons i have now since b4 then and last p was shorter than normal... so just want to know whether i am further than i thought (i am hoping i am but am sure its wishful thinking!!)
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
22nd Nov??????? You'd be around 19 weeks by now with a small bump, starting to feel baby move and everything!!!!! Shocked Shocked When was your actual last period? xxx
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
hahaha... huge mix up there.. due date of 22nd nov!!!! Last P 16th Feb!! I am sorry to confuse... u must have thought i was very dense!!!!!!!!!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
LOL !!!!! I was panicking there!!! I was just saying to my hubby, there's this woman who might be nearly as far on as me and she hasn't seen the midwife yet!!!!! LOL!!!!

Nah if you still had a period in feb then you're probably only about the 7 week mark. Have you had any nausea yet? Remember preggers symptoms at first are kinda like pre menstrual symptoms so that's maybe what you were feeling before your last period?
xxxxx
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
hahaha.. made me laugh!! I wish i was!! i know i think it is just hoping!!! was feeling sick last week on and off, have the sore boobs, have had heartburn for ages it feels like and also the horrid taste im my mouth pretty much constantly!!!!!!!! and tired.. i expected to be tired (sleepy tired) from friends experience but never expected to get tired out from doing stuff so quick..
Think as its 1st time it is far too easy to over analyse everthing!!!
Ur advice is much appreciated though thank u! Glad we cleared the confusion up - still making me chuckle!! xx
kate4sal
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
How r u feeling at ur stage? Is the 2nd trimester better as they say???!
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Im sure your midwife will refer you for a scan-maybe they will be able to tell your exact date from your scan!!Smile They can also measure how far gone you are by doing a vaginal examination but obviously this is up to you. good luck xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Yep all sounding like first trimester stuff, very familiar!!! I started feeling sick around 6-7 weeks and sore boobs until about 10weeks. Heartburn never goes away i'm afraid! Laughing

Hmmmm 2nd trimester is ok.....tiredness levels definitely get much better and my sickness went away quite quickly which was fab. I'm nearly into 3rd trimester in a couple of weeks so not looking forward to all the nonsense from the start again!!!!

I was just imagining you in 'Woman's Own' doing an article on "I didn't find out I was pregnant until 2 days before the birth"!!!!!! LOL
xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular