Boosting Breastmilk supply??

Poppy99
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:44 pm 
Post subject: Boosting Breastmilk supply??
Hi,

Our son was born at 30 weeks and is doing very well two weeks on. My problem is that I have been expressing breastmilk as regular as possible but where I was managing 60 to 100 ml at times I'm now lucky to get 30ml. I really want to keep up with the breastfeeding, I can put my son on me whenever his feeds are due and I'm with him (he is still in Neonatal) but am now struggling.

Does anyone else have this experience, what did you do and is there any way to boost my supply? The NNU nurse did suggest a supplement the doctors can prescribe but when I asked the doc he just said to keep eating and drinking and putting my baby on me which was not helpful being I am doing that already. I cant be up the hospital all day as I have a young son at home too not to mention the emergency c-section so still can not drive. I did read Fenugreek herb can help?

Trying not to stress about it but easier said than done Wink

Any tips please?? x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
hi try not to worry.

im afraid i had the same problem georgia was 35+3 when she was born and i managed to feed her myself till she was 5 and a half months but the milk supply was a strule i pumped all the time and put her on but nothing seemed to help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular