Feeling sad and like im an evil mum!

mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:54 am 
Post subject: Feeling sad and like im an evil mum!
Morning,

Just got to work im so upset. lately my son has been very clingy when im dropping him off to nursery, he went from loving going in to now hating it. we managed to get him off me, he was hanging round my neck like a little monkey and wouldnt let go! he was ok then as i walked away he started crying, so i walked down the hall way and heard a scream and cry that i reconised, i stood there to see what was going on and one of the girls came out and said "its ok hes stopped crying hes just laying on the floor saying no to everything". so i eventually went.
Now i feel like a wicked mum and feel so emotional! i cant wait till next month im taking him out of there, its too much for him full time 5 days a week! Im scared he'll end up hating me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

lisa x
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:37 am 
Post subject:
I used to work in a nursery. I have seen this happen so many times. The child screams and clings onto mum for dear life, but as soon as mum has gone out of sight, they are up playing and having fun!
When you go to pick him up is he still crying or playing happily?
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:56 am 
Post subject:
well yesterday he was crying but i think something had just happened. all the other kids dont want to leave they make theyre parents chase them around, wheres brad sees me and runs up to me saying "my mummy!!" and gets really possessive over me no other children are allowed to come over to me! maybe hes just a real mummies boy.
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
it sounds like he could be playing you a little bit Laughing
He could also be a little anxoius about your new arrival.
If hes running up to and giving you a hug, then he obvs does not hate you Very Happy
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, my sisters lil boy was exactly the same when she was preggies he was very clingy and would get really upset if his mum left him. He's only 18months older than his lil sister, who was born in May, but I think they know something is happening and most probably feel they need their mums loving reassurance to know that their mum is ok.

He obviously thinks the world of you! And I'm sure he'll be a loving older brother. My nephew is soo good with his baby sister.

Goodluck and he'll love the fuss of being an older brother x
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 am 
Post subject:
jewbell

i hope he does enjoy being a big bro as much as i enjoy being a mum. good news today i walked away feeling happy!! ive been trying to create a positive and happy atmosphere for him this morning getting ready, and i gave him his iggle piggle teddy to take in. when we got there he went abit shy but as they were prepared for him one of his old carers lindsay came over to him (shes really nice and knows him well) and he gave me a big kiss and went to her ok. it must be abit daunting them going in first thing loads of kids sitting eating there breakfast, and mummy just leaves. i know that by now he'll be running around with his iggle piggle in his hand! aww bless.

lisa x
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
Aw bless... My sisters lil boy loves iggle piggle too! It must be hard for lil ones when they see their mummies leaving them. My mum is a childminder (thankgod) and she has a few that will really cling to their mums, but they are fine then when their mums leave. I am soo glad that my mum is able to look after my lil girl when I go back to work in October, I still feel awful about leaving her. But at the end of the day I suppose you need that extra money, plus it's good for my lil girl to mix with others and most prob good for me to get back to work! Confused
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular