IVF - I am desperate for a baby

Trish123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:54 pm 
Post subject: IVF - I am desperate for a baby
Can anybody help me find out how I can go about receiving IVF treatment, I have undergone several years of investigative treatment to find that my fallopian tubes are blocked. I am so desperate for a baby and I am not getting any younger, I am now 36.
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Trish123,

I see its your first post so welcome to AskBaby!

You might find the following link helpful - its recomended on the NHS website so should have all the info you need about IVF there - http://www.hfea.gov.uk/en/270.html

Hasn't your gp been able to tell you more about your options?

Han x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi Trish

Have you been with your local sub-fertility clinic whilst ttc? I'm pretty sure its the consultant there that should refer you for IVF. I think you only get one shot on the NHS nowadays, then you have to go private. There was a load of stuff in the papers recently about a new method of IVF which is loads cheaper, and still very effective. I'll see if I can dig out the info - I think it was somewhere in Oxfordshire that were offering it.

Good luck

Anna

p.s. welcome to the forums
wendt1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 am 
Post subject: ivf
hi if you need to go private but worried about the cost
try egg share try website carefertility.com
which means you get your treament paid for but you have to share your eggs
hope this helps
MommaUno
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
As you are over 35 you are unlikely to be considerered for egg sharing. Either your infertility consultant of gp can refer you to a private clinic or nhs clinic that takes people paying for their own treatment. IVF on the NHS is a post code lottery. Write to your PCT to see if they fund NHS IVF and what criteria they have. Your GP practice can give you their address

My PCT was not funding IVF on the NHS. On a possitive note I am now pregnant after two IVF courses and I only had a 10% chance of sucess for each course of treatment as I am a poor responder - I dont produce many eggs.

when picking a clinic look carefully at there success rates but also how much travelling will be involved as this adds to the costs. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular