should i pay???

tashamo3
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:06 pm 
Post subject: should i pay???
after my ep i went to the gp (not my usual gp just a locum) to discuss having the hsg test to see if my remaining left tube is ok ad she said that as i had my reversal done privatly i would more than likely hve to pay for the hsg test. Does anyone know if this is true and if i do need to end up payin does anyone have a clue how much it may cost?. I have an app booked with my normal gp for the 8th july but would ike to go in fully prepared so any advice or past experiences greatly appreciated
xx
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
hi, im not certain that the NHS can refuse to refer you for a HSG. It may depend on if you were offered an after care package after your reversal as part of your private treatment. Find that out for sure from the hospital that carried out your privste procedure and then go armed with all your info/reasons why you need this.

the last price list i saw for private HSG was between 340 to 530 but this was part of IVf investigations so may be less if its a straight forward test. If your GP isnt sure though ask them to contact the gynaecology unit to check for sure. Dont just leave the surgery feeling they didnt check for certain. good luck x
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun i am not completely sure, but i have a feeling that if the care is linked to previous care you have recieved privately the nhs may refuse to continue the care....depending on whether they consider it to be the same episode of care or not. I am not sure of how much it would cost, but go to your gp and ask Smile

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
not neccessarily hun.. I know some that had a reversal privately ..as you generally cant get it done on the nhs.. and then had an HSG on the nhs.. ask your usual gp..
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
HI Hun,
I had to have a HSG done privately at a Nuffield (340) - then i had an ectopic - was referred to the gynae cons after at my request - and he did a lap & dye on the NHS free. I have to say if you manage to get this done, please speak to them before they do the procedure about them trying to unblock any damage - some are willing, some arent. (mine was a pig and refused - and i refused to see him again - i found a lovely lady instead, who i wish i'd had instead).

Good luck,

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Smile hiya..
I have just a reversal op done privately at the Nuffield..
they told me to come back in 6 months for an HSG if not pregnant..and I wont have to pay as its part of the package..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular