Confused as we took a break on ttc????

KJ24
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:57 am 
Post subject: Confused as we took a break on ttc????
Hi Guys,

Its been a while since I last posted and could do with some friendly advice. After my partner and I tried for 6 months to conceive with no liuck we decided to give it a rest for a few months I was putting to much stress on myself to conceive and it wasn't helping either of us. Plus we are house hunting as we are attempting to move soon. its now been 2 months since we stopped trying and our relationship is so much better now and my 3rd period since stopping was due 3 days ago.

Since we stopped ttc me periods regulated out again back to thery're normal every 27 to 28 days and neither of has really thought about ttc as we've had a lot on our plate with the house hunting etc. It was only this weekend just gone when I realised I was due on and wanted to make sure that I had everything I needed. I always come on during the night of the day before I'm due and now I'm 3 days late, part of me thinks could I and I don't want to find myself back in the upsetting hole I was in before everytime I got another negative test or I came on. I don't think we even had sex this month when I was ovulating as my partner was on night shifts and I work during the day so no nookie!

Could there be some other reason why I'm late this month? I have had lower back pain and twinges in my stomach but nothing compared to the pain I usually get when i'm due on as I suffer really bad with period pains before, during and for 2 days after!!

Any advice is welcome

Thanks for reading

Kylie

Confused Smile
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
You may just be late due to stress of moving etc. Give it a few more days and if still nothing then maybe do a test. Otherwise you may end up upsetting yourself further if it comes back negative. Try not to think about it (easy for me to say) enjoy the weekend and then see

Good Luck! x
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
i had exactly the same experience last year, me and hubby were trying for around 7 months whem we decided to sort of give up, i was about to leave my job that i had been in for 6 years and thaen the day before i realised i was a couple of days late, done a test thinking not for 1 minute it was going to be positive, and it was! we were so shocked! i still left my job ofr my new one but sadly the pregnancy didnt carry on. Sad . but it did make us want to carry on trying. unfortunatley we cant time these things to perfection, we have been trying again for 5 months now but as the time is going on i am more chilled about it than i was before. weve just booked a summer holiday and ive just found the most perfect fitting jeans ive ever had, so its bound to happen now! Laughing let me know how you get on, good luck. x
KJ24
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:04 pm 
Post subject: reply to rosie
Hi Rosie,

Sorry about your miscarriage! I can't imagine how that must have been for you both.
My partner and I decided that we would test to see if was pregnant, we did 2 tests 1 last nite (sat) and then we tested again this morning unfortuantely both said negative! Sad Sad

Thing is it is now day 5 after my period was due and still nothing. I'm so down!! We have decided that if nothing has happened by Friday that we are going to the docs. We had given up ttc for a while and i wasn't ready for this. Now there's a ray of hope its all i can think of again. I don't know how i'll cope with another negative! All around me are pregnant people. My Sister is 21 weeks and my best friend told me last week that she is 16 weeks! We met for coffee this morning and she brought with her the latest photo's from her scan. I loved seeing them but in the back of my head all i kept thinking of was when will it be my turn. I so badly want to fall pregnant. The only thing I keep thinking is that I hope the tests were wrong. After all they say things come in 3's and with my best mate and my sister pregnant, i could be next?

I hope this depressing feeling lifts soon, I hate feeling this way, its not like me! The last 2 months have been so good, I havent thought about ttc and I haven't pressurized myself.That's it! I pressurize myself thinking, everyone around me is getting pregnant so easily why can't I?

I keep blaming myself! I'm back to hole I was in before xmas!!

I need something to take my mind off of my lack of period at least until it either appears or until friday's doc appointment!

Thanks for replying tho nice to know someone in same position!

Smile
KJ24
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:55 am 
Post subject: AF Arrived :-(
Hi All,

Unfortuantely after being 6 days late and 2 negative HPT's AF Arrived. I was so upset, me and my partner have decided that we should go for a check up both of us and make sure everything is in working order as they say! I don't know who i need to speak to though whether it would be my doc or his doc as they are not the same practice or whether to speak to the hospital?

Any ideas?

I so badly want this baby i wanna make sure there's nothing wrong that would stop us conceiving?

Sad Sad Sad

Kylie Sad Sad
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 am 
Post subject:
hi KJ sorry to hear that ur tests were negative.

me and my partner have been trying since june 07 and since i came off the pill my periods have been regular every month without fail, but we have never had any luck with getting pregnant but a couple of month ago i went to see my doc because i was gettin stomach cramps like constant period pain and it lasted for a bout 3 wks so doc sent me for a scan and it showed fluid around one of my ovaries which i was told could have been a million and one things for example my period or because i was maybe ovulating from that ovary at the time its common to get a ring of fluid around ur ovary when u r ovulating. but doc wanted to discuss it with me anyway and we discovered the pain was actually at my left side and the fluid had been on my right so doc said that could not have been what was causing pain and he had no cause for concern regarding the fluid (the stomach cramps r no longer constant and sometimes just come and go but they are alot better) but i asked my doc if it was possible this fluid could be preventing me from concieving and he said it no it should not effect that at all and asked how long i had been trying which at the time was 8 months and he said he would refer me to gynae for to have a laperoscopy to see if they could find the cause of the cramps.

but at the wkend there i recieved a letter and infact my doc has arranged for both me and my partner (even though he is at a different doctors) to go to the infertility clinic to have tests so our first appt is the beginning of May and hopefully we will get some info then as to what is going on.

but what i would say is best to go to your docs (or whichever one of you prob has the most understanding doc mayb best to go to them) and explain the situation to them and they should refer you both like mine did. the hosp would prob tell you to go visit your doctor first to be referred anyway unless you have a drop in centre?? but prob best for you to go to your docs and ask to be referred and see how you get on that way if your doc is not to helpful you can both then try your partners doctor

good luck and i hope it all works out for you

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular