Does anyone get Working Tax credit?

RiceCrispieCakeHead
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:01 am 
Post subject: Does anyone get Working Tax credit?
I've done an online calculator but says I can't get WTC but I only work 25 hours a week....cos oh works 45 and earns 31k is this why? Does anyone know the limit where someone can get it?

It's so stupid, I only have about 50 a month to buy everything as oh still sees his as his and mine as mine!! Rolling Eyes Sad Crying or Very sad
EmzyLouPlusThree
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 am 
Post subject:
it is both your hours combined , i dont work and ohworks 38 hours a week on a low wage and we only get 1.82 a week , so think it is probably for helping people on min wage or people who work part time to top wages up? xx
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 am 
Post subject:
No you wont get it when your OH earns 31k

My friend earns 6k and her OH 15k and they don't get any WTC either - just the CTC
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
I'm just sorting out ours for when baby arrives. If you ring them up they go thru the same form with you but tell you what you'll get and why - so maybe try that as mine came out v different to when I tried to do it myself
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
think the cut off is about 16k x
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
Think you may need to sit down and talk to your oh.......
Why should he have his own money when you are unable to earn due to carrying his baby...
I think the only way to go is joint account all the money in a pot and bills, shopping all comes out.. As soon as kids are involved his and mine just dont work...
My oh gets WTC he works over 40 hrs and earns less then 16k and i am a sahm tending to the 3 boys Smile we survive but tax credits and wtc really help and enable me to stay home. However inm saying that I wouldn't work if I didnt get them as with his hours 2 school runs and a yr old I seriously dont have time Rolling Eyes
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Jane, be careful as if you live together as a couple it should be a joint claim, joint incomes etc. If you aren't entirely honest, or later declare your oh lives there or they check (electroal roll, his paye tax address are all indicators) and earns you will have to pay it back... I used to work full time and failed to tell them I had a small pay increase and had to pay back around 50 a month.. leaving me even worse off!
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
Im a student and my oh works fulltime but only gets about 10k so i think like some of the others said there is a cut of depending on income.

How long have u been together? mybe try explaining the situation and how u cant always afford everythig that u need.

Hope you work something out

xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular