Baby Milk

vickyban
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Im not sure then? jst on my leaflets it says its a new thing as of 1st Sept as "They dont want to influence your choice in brand of baby milk" Shocked xx
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
this isn't happening over here yet.
they only provide cotton wool and milk here now.
in some ways i do agree with getting your own things, its our babies and i would rather the money go to other things like more money for the underpaid staff
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 am 
Post subject:
I had the choice of quite a few hospitals , and I planned to bottle feed. My original choice Peterborough, had a machine that dispensed the special bottles and you had to pay 1 for two. I changed hospitals and went to Leicester GH, where they provided them for free. I think it depends which hospital it is.

If you are going to have to take your own, you could take some of the throwaway bottles, made by Tommee Tippee, called steri-bottle, and some pre mixed formula. I'm not sure where you can get them from but i saw on ebay the little jars of pre-mixed that they give you in hospital with the sterilised teats.

Just depends how long you stay in hospital for. I was lucky just 3 hours.

Good Luck x
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:57 am 
Post subject:
wots it come to...when we have to take our own milk into hospital....wot hav we got to stand waiting for a kettle to boil...sterilize bottles...cool milk down...n this is all with a screaming newborn in a hospital ward full of strangers Surprised When i had my first 19 years ago...hospitals provided nappies (Terrytowelling).... clothes....cotton wool... bottles....even cream for bottoms Smile ....things are definately changing for the worse im afraid Sad
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:00 am 
Post subject:
yer i think they shud still do all that linz. we have just carried our baby for 9 months given birth think we need a bit of help before we go home.

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
in checkers you can buy a box of those little bottles of milk you get in hospital and another box of teats, just take them in.

yeah we do everything including carrying them for 9 months but thats because there our children and we choose to have them
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
was in boots today and you can get a small carton of ready-made milk in there for 56p or a multi-pack of about 6 for a few quid.

it's probably a good idea to pack a couple of these in your hospital bags ladies

vickyban
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
Think thats what it says on the leaflet to take in some of them small cartons so once you open them, if baby isnt having it all you can just stick your name on it and use the rest later. I have no problem in taking my own milk in coz its only a few quid isnt it but i just think thats its wrong of them to keep changing everything as the years go by. Smile x
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular