Is it ok to wash babies bottom in cold water?

paulanthony32
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 am 
Post subject: Is it ok to wash babies bottom in cold water?
I am on holiday hina my m-in-law always insists on washing my sons bottom with cold water at nappy time, i am worried that the cold water may make nappy rash worse, and/or lead to my son catching a cold/flu.
Normally i would use warm water at nappy chnage time, but wife says i am being stupid and still allows m-in-law to carry on using cold water. Am i right or wrong to be worried cold water?
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
not sure if u r rite or wrong. i wud say it dont really matter if u use cold or warm.

just that warm will clean him better if he has pooed and well be better for him coz i wudnt like someone washing me with cold water.

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:36 am 
Post subject:
yeah I don't think it will cause any real problems - but can't be very nice for the poor little chap!! I'm surprised he doesn't scream his little head off!!
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:28 pm 
Post subject:
hhmmm... in the way of cleaning, it shouldnt make much difference. i dont think it will make him susceptible to flu though. but there is the comfort issue, i know my boys never liked cold water on there bums!! and it usually made them wee everywhere! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular