urgent advice re benefits please

taramascara
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:18 am 
Post subject: urgent advice re benefits please
I know this is in the wrong place but i need a kwik response please as im sh!tin myself

OH was at work last night from 11 till 7am anyways i get a phone call at 630 in the morning and he had just had his end of probation review a few problems have come up (some1 has got it in for him and basically lying about stuff) Anyways i just want to know where will we stand on trying to claim any benefits if he looses this job while on prob period

We aqlready get child benefit and child tax credits and a little help with rent but what about anything like JSA or some such just while he finds another job Hate being on benefits
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:19 am 
Post subject:
yeah he will get job seekers hun do u work??? if not it will have to be a joint claim if u live together
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:22 am 
Post subject:
does he get working tax credits?
He should get JSA and housing benefit if he does lose the job, however if he's getting working tax credits, he may get that instead of jsa and just topped up to the correct amount for your family. (which is about 102 a week)
Sorry that he may be losing his job, some people are just arseholes and can't leave well enough alone.
hope all that makes sense if you need anymore help let me know
xxx

taramascara
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:23 am 
Post subject:
I work as a casual supply in a creche so its only when ppl have holidays or are off sick i cover so it could b loads 1 month and nothing the next I am worried sick atm Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 am 
Post subject:
taramascara wrote:
I work as a casual supply in a creche so its only when ppl have holidays or are off sick i cover so it could b loads 1 month and nothing the next I am worried sick atm Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

As far as I'm aware if you're working as casual it doesn't affect your benefits because its not considered a steady income and you couldn't depend on that.
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular