Feel like its never-ending...

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:07 am 
Post subject: Feel like its never-ending...
just need to unburden a bit.

I just get so sad sometimes because I feel like Isaac has a neverending list of medical issues. He was born with a cleft palate, a blocked tearduct and an undecended testicle. He then started getting a flat head, now has to have a helmet fitted to try and fix it. He has also developed torticollis, meaning he now has weekly physio. He has had 4 eye infections from the blocked tearduct, a post-op ear infection after his cleft op, has had 2 neck x-rays and 2 head x-rays because of the head/neck things. He has now been referred for eye surgery because the tear duct doesn't look like it will unblock. His testicle has also not come down on its own - so he will most likely have to have another op next year.

Add to that our recent TB scare (which thank god looks like we will be fine as although the Dad and baby up the road have TB, the Mum doesn';t, and she was our worst risk if she had caught it), and it just feels like he has been through so much already and there is simply no end in sight for him. We are already booking his appointments in for September for the cleft clinic follow up, the speech therapist and his helmet checkup. At the moment he has a minimum of 2 appointments a week with various health professionals. He's so good and cheery with it all, but it makes me want to cry so much when I look at other babies who have no problems at all.

Sorry, I know its selfish because things could so easily be so so so much worse, but I don't know how I'll be able to handle more operations for him Sad
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:46 am 
Post subject:
Why do you think its selfish!! Not at all, he is your darling wee man and why shouldnt you want the best for him. If he is being brave its because he feels so safe with you and he knows its all going to be ok. What does that say about you? That you have been a fantastic mum, he loves and trusts you more than anyone else, he must be getting his strength from you Very Happy Hang in there hun, your doing great. xxxxxx
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:23 am 
Post subject:
thanks Hunter. I know I shouldn't feel bad about it, just can't help it Sad
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
I know what your saying, Hunter had no where near the issues you have had to deal with but everytime something happened I kept thinking 'what have I done to deserve this!' Everyone elses baby seemed happy and contented and I would be sitting there trying to console him while he cried non stop Sad Its like if they are born with even 1 problem then its permission for it to continue for months!!!! And of course someone made it law that only healthy babies can live around us so we can see what things should have been like Confused Gosh I sound a little agro with the world there, I dont mean to but like you say sometimes you need to off load Very Happy Hope you feeling better today. xxx
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject:
I'm so sorry to hear you feel like this but as huntermac said you are not selfish you just obviously love your son very much and you must be doing a really good job with him if even with all his health problems he is still smiling keep your chin up i'm sure you will find the strength you need to get you through take care and i hope things get better for you both xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular