My Potty Training Success Story

MayasMummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:31 pm 
Post subject: My Potty Training Success Story
Laughing Maya is finally potty trained at almost 3- and she loved doing it! Yay! Laughing
It has been a long road, I think our problem was that we were getting so much conflicting advice. Her Nana kept telling me that I was leaving it too long but the health nurses were assuring me that she would get to it in her own time but it just didn't seem to be happening. I was feeling really embarrassed because her Nana was on and on at me that she should be out of diapers by now and kept reminding me that she wasn't allowed to go to kindergarten when she turned 3 if she wasn't toilet trained. I had also heard about the potential health effects of diaper dependence, not to mention the fact that I didn't want my baby feeling embarrassed that she was still in diapers when her friends were nearly all potty trained. Crying or Very sad I had tried a couple of times to persuade her to use the potty but she outright refused to go and I couldn't bring myself to let her go for longer than a day without letting her put her diaper back on. Then she finally decided she would go 'wees' on the potty occasionally but no way was she going 'poos'. I was browsing online one day looking for suggestions but again I seemed to be getting a whole lot of conflicting advice. Finally I came to the site http://www.howtopottytraintoday.com/ and decided to stop mucking around with half-hearted attempts and give it a serious go. It's not free but it is well worth paying for because it works and works quickly. They promised to have her trained in between 1 and 3 days or my money back. I went through with it and made use not only of the e-book but also of the audio guide which is the tool I really recommend. Maya loved the role play, (that was soooo up her alley) and the fairy wall chart for girls was her favourite. What I found to be the best feature was that its not just more info and suggestions but it has an actual practical step-by-step guide for you to follow which was exactly what I needed and wanted. You do have to be prepared to follow through but I was at the point where I was committed to achieving the goal. We followed it and by the end of Day 2 for us she was going to the potty 'like a big girl' and was soooo proud of herself! I was proud of myself for taking action too and you can bet I was proud to show off to Nana! There are a lot of other features which are available to use if they apply to you like if your child has a phobia about toileting or if you are trying to potty train twins etc but these didn't apply for us so can't really comment on their effectiveness but what I can say is that the guide worked for us as promised and that I do not hesitate to recommend to others in the same situation and that I am so glad I decided to give it a go. Good luck everyone, its such a great feeling once you have achieved it! Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://www.howtopottytraintoday.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular