Conceiving in October 07.

Halfpint
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:40 am 
Post subject: Conceiving in October 07.
Hi guys,

My name is Gemma. I'm 20yrs old and Iím due to be married in December 07. My partner is called Tom he's 26yrs old and he's looking forward to settling down and adding extras to our future.

We have for ages been wanting to add an extra special addition to our family (this will be our first bundle of joy). I have just recently had an operation in May this year to do with my Cervix and my Doctors have advised me not to start conceiving until October this year as the treatment needs to heal and be safe. They said this is just in case of a miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. I also have been on the pill for 5 and a half yrs so I have decided at the same time of my recuperation period to have a break from that as well and let my body rest.

I am looking forward to conceiving a baby but my main concern that I have always feared of the birth of the baby. My mum had 3 C sections and I really don't fancy going down that road. You might of guest that I have a phobia of getting any sort of cutting open procedure. HELP. We are hoping for a water birth which I have always thought fascinating and relaxing.

So if you can help all advice is much appreciated.

Thank You
tiger_ginge. Smile
frecababa
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:18 pm 
Post subject: hello
i am new here, and I can tell you that you are very young, have plenty of time to plan pregnancies, just relax. Now about the fear, i think it is normal, i could be a little afraid too but if you have a good doctor who explain step by step and supports you, you shouldnt feel scared. ZDont worr, everything should be ok.
Have a nice wedding and married life!
luvmy4boys
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:28 am 
Post subject: to gemma
My name is bonnie and I'm new here too. First of all in my opinion to hell with the 'you're too young thing' my hubby and I got married at 21. 'N going strong married 7 yrs 'n 2gether 10! We have 4 boys (5,3, n twins 2)n r trying 4 that little girl. Now back 2 u. No sense in fearing the birth, that is diff 4 every1. Mine were great! And I had a diff doc everytime. First 2 were nat's the twins were C-sect. The sect 4 me was no prob. Only a little sore but up and around pretty well and normal end of 1st week.hopefully u will have the birth of ur dreams but please prepare urself for other options like a code word 4 pain meds so. If u holler out 'drugs' they give u nothing but say if you grab the docs face and say GARFUNKLE theyu know ur serious!) Also if u want to know the truth people always made me believe that the pain would be vaginal,IT IS NOT!its like the worst tummy ache you've ever had. And as 4 tjhe csect. The worst part of that is the needle in the back and then recovery. Be sure to ha ve lots of support if u can and watch out 4 postpartum depression- hit me like a brick and had no idea what it was. If by chance u do get it contact me! I couldn't find any1 that knew what I was going thru and I NEVER want that to happen to a mnew mommy again! Congrats on the wedding and goodluck conceiving!
luvmy4boys
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:31 am 
My name is bonnie and I'm new here too. First of all in my opinion to hell with the 'you're too young thing' my hubby and I got married at 21. 'N going strong married 7 yrs 'n 2gether 10! We have 4 boys (5,3, n twins 2)n r trying 4 that little girl. Now back 2 u. No sense in fearing the birth, that is diff 4 every1. Mine were great! And I had a diff doc everytime. First 2 were nat's the twins were C-sect. The sect 4 me was no prob. Only a little sore but up and around pretty well and normal end of 1st week.hopefully u will have the birth of ur dreams but please prepare urself for other options like a code word 4 pain meds so. If u holler out 'drugs' they give u nothing but say if you grab the docs face and say GARFUNKLE theyu know ur serious!) Also if u want to know the truth people always made me believe that the pain would be vaginal,IT IS NOT!its like the worst tummy ache you've ever had. And as 4 tjhe csect. The worst part of that is the needle in the back and then recovery. Be sure to ha ve lots of support if u can and watch out 4 postpartum depression- hit me like a brick and had no idea what it was. If by chance u do get it contact me! I couldn't find any1 that knew what I was going thru and I NEVER want that to happen to a mnew mommy again! Congrats on the wedding and goodluck conceiving!
luvmy4boys
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:37 am 
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:31 am 
Post subject:
Hi Gemma!

welcome to the forums.

It's so easy to worry about everything and anything - but honestly, get yourself through conceiving first Very Happy AND don't forget to enjoy your weeding day - you only get one, and it really will be a fabulously special day.

If you want to start thinking about a pre-conception programme to improve your chances and make the pregnancy easier, go for it. Best advice is to be as fit as you possibly can be - if you need to lose weight do it now, but just as important is feeling healthy - you don't want to be TOO skinny going in. Plus, don't crash diet or diet at all when actively trying. Exercise is good, take folic acid supplements, stop smoking and drinking (if you currently do) and most certainly give up any other drugs!! Don't forget dad-to-be in all this, smoking, alcohol and drugs giving up is just as important for healthy sperm Very Happy

At the end of the day though, what will be will be on the day of the birth - if baby needs to come out c-section he/she will. Hopefully you will have no need to go for an elective c-sec though. Good luck, and keep us posted on how you get on!!

Anna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular