Second child and going on 7 days overdue

should you be left to go over 7 days overdue?
yes- give it more time for things to happen alone
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
no- baby should be born as close to due date s poss
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
KMarie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:50 pm 
Post subject: Second child and going on 7 days overdue
Hi,
I am pregnant with my second child (first was a girl, this one a boy), My first was late by 6 days and was in labour for 3 days, this one has no signs what so ever of wanting to be born and i am worried he is getting too big. I had basically all types of pain relief with my first due to the time and being very tired but the epidural had a bad effect on me, expecially when the doctors were to rough and it fell out right when they wanted me to get ready to push.
I have asked my midwife what i should have as all other options (gas and air, pethidin, epidural) made me very ill, but she said have gas and air and if i do not cope have epidural, i guess it shows she was not listioning.
I am alone almost all the time with my going on 3 year old daughter and have no family or friends to help, i do have a hubby but he will not listion nor seems to understand anything, especially the fact that i should not be the one doing every bit of house work around the home and that his fish tank is not proper work....its a chosen duty.
I had my show today but that is it....as i am alone and have no transport nor anyone to keep an eye on my daughter i really want to go as natural as possible to get back on my feet and everything as normal and as fast as physically possible... but first i need my little man to be born... i have tried many things but please if anyone has any ideas i am welcome to them...even if i think i have tried them before i might be doing it wrong.

I am signed for a sweep on wednesday (9 days o.d) and was told that if that does nothing then i will be induced on sat (12 days o.d), i know i am not a small person but my first was 8 14/12 and that was pushing it, he is getting far too big and no-one seems to care.

Sorry for going on,
I just have no-one to talk to especially that will listion,

KMarie
Tilley
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi KMarie,

How did you get on? Really hope everything worked out and your little boy arrived healthily - what did you call him?

x
KMarie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:48 pm 
Post subject: hi, thanks
Yeh my little man due on 20th august was born on 1st sept. We barely made it to the hospital. I had been waiting for so long for the contractions that when they started i didnt believe it. I rang the hospital a few times to confirm i was or wasnt and they said no. As i was happy and chatty they said i wasnt in labour as i would be unable to talk or move. I only had about 8 contractions where i was busy rocking side to side and didnt feel like talking, my husband had had enough called a taxi and half way to the hospital my waters broke.
My 9lb 8 boy was born at the front doors of the hospital, i had got out of the taxi just walked in the enterance and went down on all fours i had two contractions where i was screaming for someone to help us, the midwifes made it to see his head crown, i had two huge contractions that made me scream really loud and then he was out and passed to me. No pain killers, No stitches and i love him too bits.

So Oliver tristen is now barely 1 month old and is out growing his 3-6 month old clothes...

KMarie
Tilley
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, congratulations!

What a dramatic arrival your little boy had, sounds like it was over pretty quickly though.

How are you getting on with being a Mum - do you love it?

x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:03 am 
Post subject:
oh my goodness - that sounds absolutely terrifying!! so glad to hear it all worked out Very Happy

maybe we should start a 'dramatic birth tales' thread in the forum hehe Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular