falling pregnant on maternity leave....!??

alanam
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:22 am 
Post subject: falling pregnant on maternity leave....!??
Hi, i have an 8 month old son, im due back at work on 1st september... but .... i have jusat fornu out im pregnant again, i think im only 4-5 weeks. does anyone know what my maternity rights are now. im planning to go back still in september to start saving a bit of money for the next one but not sure what my next maternity leave rights will be?
sophie2008
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 am 
Post subject:
I think, not 100% just basing this on another post i have seen, you will need to return for a few weeks to ensure you are eligible. I think you should speak to your employer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
yeah i have read a few things but i was trying to find out before speaking them just incase they say no way! i think a trip to citizens advice might be quite helpful. Surprised)
tillyfloss85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
you will still get mat pay hun, u have to have worked so many weeks within 66 weeks of ur due date, if u were still classed as employed whilst on mat pay which im guessing u r as going bk u will 100% get the same as you did with baby 1!!

i was on mat leave when i fell preg but contract ended so i was classed an unemployed so i dont quailify this is how come i know the above as i had to read up on it xx
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
alanam,
i am in exactley the same position as you i am on maternity leave and not due back till oct but going back in sept as have just found out i am pregnant!! will be about 12 weeks by then so prying i dont have a bump so i can hide it!! not telling my boss straight away i dreading what they will say.
i work for the good old nhs and will get the same maternity pay as i did before and am sure as long as you work for so many weeks before you leave again there should be no problem - not sure thought with a private employer!

good luck xx
alanam
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
hi sarahtoo,

congratulations, its scary isnt it! when i go back in september it will be 9 months that i have had off, ill be the sam as you about12 weeks, i think i may do the same just try to hide it, im worried if i tell them now they will hate me and make my job a nightmare! have they given u a rough due date yet, they never right until your scan anyway! How old is your first baby? i bet every one thinks your mad having another so soon!! They do me lol!!
Alana x
sarahtoo
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:01 am 
Post subject:
hi alanam, not sure of an exact date yet as periods were not that regular after having sam- my little boy, but i think i am about 6 weeks now. When i go back to work in sept he will about 9 months. getting pregnant was a complete shock as it took 2 years for my little boy, this was 1 wine enduced night on holiday!!! to be honest it has taken me ages to get used to the idea, just panicing about how we will cope but i know we will.

havent told anyone yet and not going to untill about 12 weeks if i can, i do wonder what people will say.
oh well hoep you are dong ok and not too tired and good luck! x
babybump10
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 am 
Post subject:
I cant believe how many of us are in the same boat. I go back to work next week and I am 6 weeks pregnant and my first child is 7 months old! I am also avoiding telling work but I was showing really early last time. I am so worried if I tell them before the scan that somthing bad will happen and they will try to get rid of me before I get a chance to get pregnant again. my 1st baby was born in Dec what months were your last children born?
At least we can all go through it together
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi again,
i cant believe how many of us are in this situation lol!! My little boy (Riley) was born on 25th nov last year so he will be just over 9 months when i go back., Im also a bit worried that i will be showing a bit then as everyone i know seems to get a bigger bump second time round! we will have to keep in touch see how we all get on! x
babywisher
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Im in this situation too, quite a worry till its all sorted! I'll be 14 weeks on friday, only having my scan on thurs, more nervous than last time.

AmbersMummy
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I haven't read what everyone has said, I have looked this up before. It is very confushing but...

You were employed long enough to be given maternity pay. You still have all the same rights as a normal person who has been working gets. I.E. holiday any benefits etc. it all says the same. And because of that you are still entitled to have maternity pay just the same as you have before. And you don't have to tell you employer you are preg untll 15 weeks BEFORE your due date (not that you can hide it by then). They still have to give you risk assements, let you off fo m/w and hospital appoinments etc. Nothing should be any different.

Anyway hope that helps some what and good luck to you. Very Happy
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
Lol Im the same my little boy is 7 months and I go back in 3 weeks and will be 15 weeks pregnant I have spoken with HR as work at the NHS and you have to do 3 months work befoe you qualify for mat leave but I will be there for about 5 before I go back on Leave so should be fine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular