can you get PG while having pcos?

tusia
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:01 pm 
Post subject: can you get PG while having pcos?
i was diagnosed about 5 years ago but now that me and my partner want to start for a baby (14months to be exact) nothing is happpening
ive had metformin for 3 months and no change.
im trying to loose weight but is that enought??
i just feel sooo down about it all.
any advice?
Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
You can get pregnant whilst having pcos. Look at Victoria Beckham, she has pcos and she has 3 children. Also Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby from Coronation Street) she also has pcos and she's recently had a baby.

So "yes" you can still have babies, but it just may take you longer to conceive than people without pcos.

Have you been to the Doctors for any blood tests?
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
yep i have pcos and was diagnoised 7 years ago and was told to lose weight....after 7 long years of tests and ivf waiting lists i am pregnant...NATURALLY....and i weigh more than i did 7 years ago it is hard to lose weight but be positive and dont stress. Also dont try too hard!!! We were told to have intercourse every 3 days cause thats when sperm is at its best...if you do it too often sperm is too weak and if you leave it too long its absorbs back into his blood. So good luck and have fun trying.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Jules xx

tusia
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:56 am 
Post subject:
thank you all for the words of support and all your advice.
EmsMommy
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:58 am 
Post subject:
I have pcos and I'm trying for my second child already. I do have to take injections to help me ovulate. With my first child, I only had to do two rounds of injections and am currently on my second round so I hope this will be the last round. I too was told to lose weight and have a healthy diet, but to be honest, it is very hard and I stress too much about it. I also asked my dr. about having pcos and he said that it causes the woman not to ovulate so getting pregnant is hard, but can be done. My sister was also diagnosed with pcos and she is also on treatment to help concieve. Visit your doctor and ask what can be done to help you ovulate. Don't lose hope!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular