My 7 year old!!

KinkyAngel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:43 pm 
Post subject: My 7 year old!!
My 7 year old was diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum a while ago and I am still working on get a full diagnosis but my question is "how the fluffing heck do you get people who are close to you (my OH in this case) to understand why Aron (my son) does the things he does and to not be so hard on him! My OH won't do anything to learn about autism and half the time he is ok with aron but I am scared to leave him (OH) on his own with the kids! Is that normal!

Sorry to ramble butneeded to get it all out!!

Ta for reading!!

Xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
i know its not much help but i know exactly what you mean. if they cant learn to adjust to a childs individual needs how can u be sure the child is propely cared for when ur not there Sad

daddy or not Sad

i dont have proper advice, iv got same problem going on too and no clues how to resolve it either :/ all be it ben is easier for time being!!

i hope you are able to get thru to ur oh and get him to understand evry child is different and that A wil just need some more patience. could you e mail him some links to read?? print off some stuff in rich dummy terms for him so he understands??

keep strong hun your doing a fabby job xx
KinkyAngel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
There is no point in giving OH anything to read unless it has football in it! He refuses to read anything! He hasn't even read all the bits and bobs we were given about the tests etc for this pregnancy!!

I am starting to think that me and boys might be better off alone! Certainly less stressful for me! There is more going on than just this thing with Aron atm but this is what's stressing me most right now!

Any advice or ideasare greatfully received !

And you are a star too Awla!!

Xx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
awww hun, i really don't know how to answer this as my oh reads everything he can about lily-ann's condition

is your oh perhaps in denial??? have you considered leaving him with aron for a short while, perhaps to shocking him into realising that aron has a problem and he needs to understand it?

KinkyAngel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
He has been better since I had a go at him about it! He isn't used to being around kids at all and my two are the most contact he has had with kids! He is brilliant with Jake and they go to the footie together! I have left him for an hour but not with Aron on his own, Jake has always been there too!

I know he is worried about how is going to cope once the baby is here too!

Xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular