Nausea & Food aversion

VickyYong
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:32 am 
Post subject: Nausea & Food aversion
Hi all

I'm about 4 weeks pregnant and feel really sick the whole day for the past week. I'm nauseous the whole day, can't eat but force myself to eat a little. I'm hungry but food makes me sick. I'm giddy and i feel very frustrated and down most of the time. One moment I feel hot and then one moment cold (i'm living in Karlskrona, Sweden). I'm thinking of going back home to Singapore but it seems flying by air at this time is not safe. I keep spitting and coughing. Any tips? The midwife here will only see pregnant ladies in the tenth week which is more than a month away. I'm getting quite upset...
maybebaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Try not to worry too much, I felt sick all day, every day and still do now even though i'm now 13weeks. Does drive you crazy though, the best thing i can suggest is to buy some plain biscuits like rich tea, nothing too flaverous, and if you're not eating too much drink plenty of water. You could also try eating a banana if you think you could stomach it as it helped so much with my sickness. Avoid anything too strong smelling or anything with a lot of flavours as I found this made it a million times worse. It does get easier.

You can travel because at the end of the day it is your decision, cannot blame you for wanting to go home. However they do say that the safest time to travel by air is in the second trimester so would probably be best to wait until then.

If you keep feeling hot and then cold and keep spitting and coughing it might be that you have a little bit of a cold or cough, so best thing to do is to take some time out, lay down and relax, now is the time that us pregnant ladies are allowed to be a bit lazy from time to time. Take it easy and look after yourself x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular