CERVICAL SUTURE

jenniP35
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:44 am 
Post subject: CERVICAL SUTURE
Hi Ladies

I'm a little bit premature as I'm not pregnant yet but when I do I need to get a cervicl suture at around 6 weeks. Just wondered if anyone else has had experience of this?
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I had a loop cone biopsy a few years ago and when i looked on the internet I was shocked & concerned about what it said about pregnancy

I'd read that chances are baby would be born before 37weeks
Would most probably need a cervical suture
and risk of a low birth weight

When I fell pregnant I discussed my loop cone biopsy with the Midwife. She told me not to worry and that i should go ahead and have a normal birth.

And I did, I gave birth in October07 to a happy, healthy 7lb12oz and due 2days after her due date. I had no cervical suture.

Not sure if this is the reason why you think you may need a cervical suture. Confused
jenniP35
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jewbell1

I've had that as well and then some!! I only have half a centimetre of the original 4cm of cervix left so my gynae. consultant has already told me that I will need a suture at or before 6 weeks and it will be removed at 38 weeks unless I have already delivered. I haven't seen the consultant but my community midwife has spoken with him. But thanks for that Smile
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
I'm sure you'll be fine! Hopefully you will get to speak to someone who's already had a suture! Goodluck Very Happy
xSiobhanAx
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
hey, whats all this? will I need whatever it is?
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jenni,
I've had a full laser cone biopsy 8 years ago and am now 10 weeks pregnant. I have my first appointment with the midwife in 2 weeks and will ask what the impact on pregnancy is. I have been left with a twisted cervix and scar tissue. Was told when I had the biopsy that labour would be more difficult, but nothing more. Will let you know if I get any useful information.
xxxxxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular