1st pregnancy worries and concerns

lau1980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:26 pm 
Post subject: 1st pregnancy worries and concerns
hi every 1 im 27 and 18 weeks pregnant with my 1st child
ive started getting bad back ache and wondered if any1 else does 2? if so what to suggest.
plus i really want to feel this baby i dont no whether i have or not im concentrating on every feeling im getting!!! im not overweight at all quite slim in fact so fingers crossed it will be soon!
jade3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:29 pm 
Post subject: 1st pregnancy worries and concerns
hi

it sounds like the baby might be lying with his back facing your back which can cause pressure and backache on your spine. it is nothing to worry about just try lying on your left side to try and move the baby. if it persist the best thing to do is to talk to your midwife, but there is nothing to worry about just the joys of being pregnant. as for feeling the baby it can take time, i didnt feel movement really until i was 20weeks so dont worry,. hope everything goes well Very Happy Very Happy

jade
x
sexyyummymummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:40 pm 
Post subject: 1st pregnant and worrying about everything about labour
hi there im 20 years old and with my 1st and im 36 weeks now, im really worrying about the labour. yes i got backache and i had it all throughtout my pregnancy but its just got worst from now on and its painful and i dont know what to do and my baby is now near my rib and its painful and i dont know what to do about it. Can ayone help me or give me advice about it all?

thanks xxx Very Happy
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:41 am 
Post subject:
for Lau1980 - yep, good advice about lying on your side, also you are allowed to take paracetamol for the pain - if it gets unbearable see your GP as they may prescribe codeine as well. Be very very careful with codeine though as there is a small chance you are a 'hyper codeine metaboliser' which means you turn a huge proportion of the codeine into morphine very very fast - which can damage your baby.

I had a short period of sever backache at about 18 weeks, and I found water was the absolute best thing - jacuzzi if you get the chance, swimming (especially in the sea - excuse for a holiday?) and if all else fails, lots and lots of long, hot baths. I also had a hot water bottle attached to my lower back almost permanently for about 3 weeks Very Happy

For sexygirl - my BellyAlien Laughing has recently started wedging his foot under my right rib - so I know what you mean!! I asked my midwife about it, and she said its fine to physically push the baby away from your ribs. Do it fairly gently, with a consistent pressure in the direction you want him to move - if he doesn't go immediately, stand up and walk about for a few minutes and keep pushing and stroking downwards until he shifts downwards. Be warned though - my little darling then immediately drops hard onto my bladder!!! Mind you - you're a couple of weeks ahead of me, so you'll have less room to manoever in there I guess.

Hope that helps!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular