work or stay home?

xxchocaholicxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:22 am 
Post subject: work or stay home?
i was always planning on going back to work once ollie was born (not due back until 1st march) but the further iv been looking into childcare (800+ pcm and thats a good price for around here) the more im starting to wonder if its worth me working just to pay it! i know mill and my mum would have him one day each a week so i could work two days but then its still a case of having enough money for bill food etc
oh earns 28k but with his own debts and paying the rent there is next to nothing spare. im so torn i do want to go back to work but its beginning to look less like a full time option. any help appreciated xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:37 am 
Post subject:
Choco have you looked at going part-time wat is ur shift like does ur OH work Mon- fre. Maybe working 3 days, you will get some help with childcare coz u work 16 hours or less.
Your parents will have ollie for one day then u will only have to pay 2days a week.

Which here is 30-35 a day so 240 a month which is a lot but affordable. I am quite lucky coz the max in childcare i will be paying is 100 (Both work shifts).

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
xxchocaholicxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:52 am 
Post subject:
oh works shift so its a bit of a pain Confused u think ill look into 3 days but its ghard to work anything out esp with tax credits as its all changing january!! thx for replying xx

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 am 
Post subject:
Can you and OH get childcare vouchers thru work ? they are tax deductable so if you get say 400 worth it only costs 300 ish. Won't save you much but worth taking into account.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular