in debt but wanting a baby soon

sarahtitch8
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:31 pm 
Post subject: in debt but wanting a baby soon
Hi everyone,

Me and my husband have been married over a year and finished university in June. I have been working for just over a month but hubby is still trying to find a job and is on JSA at the moment. We have both agreed that we won't try for a baby until hubby has a job and once my probation is over so we know I'm still in a job.

But we may still be in a little debt then (march time) but would be out of it within a couple of months.

Would you advise to wait until our overdrafts are paid off or go for it considering it may be up to a year (or longer) to conceive especially as I am still on the pill?

I know it is a few months away before we will start trying but considering when to come off of the pill

Thanks for any advice
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun u would be suprised how many people are actually in debt when having babies.
i am in debt and so is hubby but we are both in affordable dept if u now wat i mean. We pay it ever month and live happy. Sometimes its hard but we get buy. You will know wen ur ready to be fair i never even throught about it whilst i was trying.

As long as u will be able to cope happily go for it

good luck

all the best
Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
sarahtitch8
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Smile. I know a few people have said that, including not trying to plan and just let it happen. We've been 'wanting' a baby for ages but wanted to finish university before we even considered it.

Its not a massive amount of debt so we should be okay (we have student loan repayments but dont have to pay any of it back until earning enough which I'm not on my current wages and its only a little bit back each money anyway).

I just worry that we wont be able to afford a child but think thats just because we are living off of one income at the moment.

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular