Not allowed Water Birth!

misslil
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject: Not allowed Water Birth!
Hi girls!

I'd decided I wanted to give a water birth a go for my second child, but after a visit to the consultant yesterday he's said NO!

I had an emergency c-section with my first child and because of this the cosultant has said that as soon as I go to hospital in labour he wants me strapped up to a monitor and on a drip! (Forgot to ask what the drip is for).

I am really dissapointed about this as I am pretty sure the only reason I had to have a c-sesction last time is because they induced me and made me start pushing before my cervix had fully dialated!

Obvioulsy I want what's best for baby but the consultant alo said if 12 days over my due date and he can't break my waters he's not going to bother with any pessaris or inducing drugs and just whipping me in for another c-section.

Has anyone else been through anything similar?

xxxx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
there is no reason for this even if ur last one was emergency c section, lots of people go on to have normal deliveries after. i would see someone else as i wouldnt be strapped down to the bed from the very start!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular